UltraMFCD - drag, resize and click display exports. Zero configuration.

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so setting water quality to high gets rid of the extra exports in the cockpit + the flickering, however I still get those exports when I go to any other view (except F10).

It does that by design. F10 is the only view where DCS doesn't render the MFCDs. In all the other views the system is furiously rendering the MFCDs, even if you're not aware of it. It is technically possible - plucking out of the sky, here - to prevent this from happening, but then again you could always use the Max/Med/Min view system to good effect: I.e. set the min view of each display to somewhere small and unobtrusive.

B

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

FYI: Over the next week or so I'll be programming off the equivalent of a grass strip in the mountains with little in the way of logistical support. I can sometimes get a signal to the outside world, but it appears to depend on seemingly unconnected factors such as the phase of Jupiter and what the Prime Minister had for breakfast.

Deeply frustrating, in other words.

That explains the slowness in my responses at present.

:)

OK i have the Ultra mfcd coming up now but have no display all black i can touch the screens and interact with them,set water to high no full screen, but still no output to the secondary mfcd's to the ultra mfcd displays...

The next release (which is already somewhat overdue) might fix this.

Out of interest, what screen resolution are you running at?

The next release (which is already somewhat overdue) might fix this.

Out of interest, what screen resolution are you running at?

running 1842 x 1036 single screen lg 46 inch hd lcd tv i do have dual monitor 1 at said dia, and the second is 1080 x 1920 22 inch hp touch screen, but with the update lost all my Helios files and with gadroc site down and no support, i'm to lazy to redo the luas that's why i really like this program, really hope i can get it to work.

Edited by HOP_TRIZZ

running 1842 x 1036 single screen lg 46 inch hd lcd tv i do have dual monitor 1 at said dia, and the second is 1080 x 1920 22 inch hp touch screen, but with the update lost all my Helios files and with gadroc site down and no support, i'm to lazy to redo the luas that's why i really like this program, really hope i can get it to work.

Yep, it's the "unusual resolution" bug. The fix for this one will also be in the next release.

Technobabble: DirectX, for reasons relating to the number two, goes a bit loopy internally with regards to how memory is allocated for certain resolutions. I'd already provided one fix for this, but recent evidence pointed to the problem not being fully resolved. This is #1 priority.

B

After new DCS release...in my rig uMFCD is not working any more...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Could you be more specific, please?

Baker

In my rig uMFCD is running but no MFCD windows...my 4th monitor has just black screen...and this was working before update. I don't get any errors etc.

At external view (F2) they are shown at left upper corner of my 1st monitor. And disabling cockpit mfcd's is working.

If I dont start uMFCD my old exports are working fine...

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Why would you Ctrl-Alt-Delete ?

Seasons greetings btw

More technobabble alert:

Ctrl-Alt-Delete, along with various other things like Windows's UAC prompt or another application going full screen, causes what DirectX calls a "lost device". Essentially, you lose access to the graphics card and have to rebuild your entire graphics pipeline from scratch once you've regained access.

Crtl-Alt-Delete is simply the easiest way to simulate a lost device reliably. All DirectX apps should handle a lost device without crashing, obviously.

:)

In my rig uMFCD is running but no MFCD windows...my 4th monitor has just black screen...and this was working before update. I don't get any errors etc.

At external view (F2) they are shown at left upper corner of my 1st monitor. And disabling cockpit mfcd's is working.

If I dont start uMFCD my old exports are working fine...

OK. I'll get back to this specific problem once I'm back at the office in the new year. Weird that the 4th monitor should die altogether. Might be the unusual resolution thing, so will release the next update prior to tackling this specifically.

Resolution on 4th monitor is 1680x1050 (Dell 22")..my others are 3x 1920x1200 so my full game resolution is 7440x1200 but uFMCD was working before DCS latest update...

Btw...how can I reset uFMCD's positions? If I can reset positions then I could see would mfcds appear in original position.

Edited by Iku64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Iku64, set DCS to only the 3 main monitors and try again, If you have it set to render the 4th screen it will blank it.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Update 5 is available at https://ultraMFCD.com/Public-Beta-1

This update fixes two major bugs:

1) Strange things happening when water quality not set to Max

2) Complete breakdown of the system when running DCS in some of the more unusual resolutions, such as 1366x720

Things to look out for:

The fix for the unusual resolution bug caused another minor bug to appear while we were testing internally. For reasons known only to the inner workings of the graphics drivers, sometimes part of one MFCD would "leak" by a few pixels in to another display. While we've already patched this one, there's presently no way for us to tell whether this problem was limited to our graphics rigs, or might have been evident for all users. If you experience anything that appears to be the above, please let us know.

Baker

Thx Baker...Seems that this version helped for all my errors..even this latest mfcd disappear. I didn't do anything to my rig before I tested this version and now all seems to work well...sure need to test more with real mission..:). MFCD's are powered off now if done in plane mfcd's.

On thing is that STEERPT and PAGE knobs are not changing if they are changed in plane it self..this was already before this update so

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On thing is that STEERPT and PAGE knobs are not changing if they are changed in plane it self..this was already before this update so

It'll take some digging around, but I'm not entirely certain that DCS is capable of communicating which page is selected. Despite this, moving the rotary switches in uMFCD will always select the desired page since they operate in an absolute fashion as opposed to a relative forward/backward.

Edit: In any case, it isn't what I'd call a high priority matter. :)

Edited by Sgt_Baker

Edit: In any case, it isn't what I'd call a high priority matter. :)

I agree...not a big problem...only thing is that if they are not syncronized at begin you need push knobs few times to get them be in same position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]