UVW Unwrapping Problem

Camel3

Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to 3D modeling, and I'd like to begin working on textures. The only problem is, the Unwrap UVW looks absolutely absurd. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What the Unwrap UVW looks like (I'm only selecting the fuselage here.)

5n6q1u.png

How do I simplify the UVW Map?

Thank You,

Camel

Hello man,

Try some tutorials on Youtube. This is very good for the beginning

Take a look at all the parts. It seems to be quite old version of Max, but the functions are almost same.

There are several approaches how to unwrap your model. You will find many of them in the tutorial. But don't be mad now. Unwrap always looks like a mess in the beginning.

1. You can define edges where you want your mesh to be cut, then select defined faces and peel them. This gives nice results, but requires some preparation.

2. You can use auto flatten function (dont know exact name) in UW editor. It is quite nice feature especially for simpler objects. You just enter degree treshold and it will flatten it for you. But you will have to stitch back some broken edges.

3. I don't know other good approaches but there's one of mine when I am lazy. Sometimes I just use the automatic flattening, then I stitch some lost faces and then I peel the selected mesh again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What i see problem is with map channel and material id....First select polygon for fuselage and SET ID to 1,next wings and SET ID to 2...etc...

Next aply Unwrap UVW and select material id....make uvw for fuselage and export to ps or gimp....

next back to uvw editor select material to 2 make uvw for wings...etc

Than select multimaterial in material editor and aply your textures.....;-)

5n6q1u.png.ce99724c1b63a214c395245b9c9e12d3.png

This looks to me that you applied an Unwrap UV modifier and then you did some modifications on the mesh.

Only apply an Unwrap UV modifier when you absolutly sure that the mesh is done and ready for unwrap. Otherwise, it results in bad surprises :)

What I suggest you is: In the UV-unwrap modifier, go to poly mode and relaxe the mesh by polygon - don't forgert to set the mark on the white box, which makes you select all seamed polys which corresponds to the selected one.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb