autopilot bugged out?

pepto

yesterday i was trying to navigate waypoints but accidently switched to return mode which threw off the autopilot, and when i went back to the normal nav mode it went berserk and started tossing my poor flanker around while trying to get back to the waypoint course literally to the point that it stalled me out while i was being thrashed around like fish on land (and of course there's always the horrid rocking back and forth that we all know and love :P)

Track?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

is there a way to go back and find older tracks?

If it was in Single Player, and you did not save it, it is gone.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you try resetting the AutoPilot? I think its "left Alt+ 9"

yes i actually mapped that and my autopilot to two buttons on my hotas, although the autopilot would literally throw itself out of its own jurisdiction, so i couldn't tell if the flanker was acting off of the autopilot or not

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same issues - crazy mad oscillations as the autopilot attempts to settle onto the route to the next waypoint.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yeah, autopilot is pretty buggy. Maybe it's accurate and realistic, I don't know. So, these are either sim bugs or real aircraft bugs but bugs nonetheless :).

However, the autopilot can be made to work. The key is two things: go fast enough (say > 800km/h) and trim the aircraft before engaging autopilot. The latter applies to pitch mostly, I rarely have to trim anything else (unless carrying unbalanced payload).

Even so, route following causes oscillations at every turn, but they eventually stabilize.