No canopy scratches mod?

I searched everywhere. Im not able to find this mod. I found a thread which linked to lomacfiles.com, but that site doesnt seem to be there anymore. Anyone have a link to this no scratch mod? I'd really like to "buff" out the scratches in my canopy... ;)

2 files located in \LockonDefault\Bazar\effects\canopy

nscratch.bmp

nscratch_g.bmp

All you need to do is erase the lines to the gray backround. Here they are if you dont want to do it :)

Just to ask stupid: You have erased the lines - I back up the original files and replace them with the ones you have posted here. THEN I make sure my Cockpit-settings have "Reflections ON".

The result will be that all the framerate-killing "glittering-effect" is erased, but the pilot/canopy-edge reflections will stay?

Correct?

Thanks guys....

You too TDW for the PM.

Anyone want to tackle another hard question?? lol

Im getting flashing water textures really bad after i installed the Water FPS mod from D-Syncth (sp?). Well, let me clarify....

I installed the water fps mod a few weeks ago. Had some flashing water but not too bad. Recently, i unistalled and reinstalled LOFC, using control panel add/remove only. I opened modman to reinstall the mods, and they were all green as if modman thought they were still installed. So i uninstalled modman and reinstalled that. I click on files to reinstall with modman, and they're still green??? Almost as if the LOFC uninstall didnt uninstall the mods. So... anyway... im playing this morning and my water textures are flashing so bad, bright white, i uninstalled the water fps mod. Looks to be ok now, and the fps is the same with no flashing textures....

hmmmm..... comments?

2 files located in \LockonDefault\Bazar\effects\canopy

nscratch.bmp

nscratch_g.bmp

All you need to do is erase the lines to the gray backround. Here they are if you dont want to do it :)

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the files.

The problem with turning off reflections is that i lose my canopy lift lines... a must when dogfighting online with TIR. :thumbup:

I personally didnt notice a fps change, but i wasnt really looking for one. My main concern was that sometimes the scratches could be mistaken for contrails or low flying aircraft (the shorter "dot" looking type scratches). Since i have the canopy lift lines, i suppose removing the scratches wouldnt make much of a fps change.

:pilotfly: