Trimming issues

Nemoman

I am very new to DCS: Black Shark and I am currently grappling with the trimming function.

I use a non feedback stick. During flight I pitch down on the cyclic to make forward level flight, I hit the trim button and release, upon release I instantly release my hold of the cyclic sending it springing to the center, I hope the trim fixes the cyclic to the position I desire, however the trim does not seem to function and upon release of cyclic the nose of the heli pitches straight up. Despite my attempts at releasing the trim button and quickly letting go of the stick, the trim never seems to hold the cyclic in place and my heli nose goes straight up.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this, trimming is a must for Ka-50 combat missions but without having it function correctly I cant even begin to enjoy the rest of the simulation.

In the event you haven't seen this.....its worth watching a couple of times....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH4tSiU7TCE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

The trim is tricky until you get the hang of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

My way will probably get a whole lot of people in a state, but what I found works the best is to hold the trimmer down, get into position you want and then release it, I do runway landings like that and other things. You have to be light on the stick though if you want to do it that way, no abrupt movements, you gotta keep it smooth.

My way will probably get a whole lot of people in a state, but what I found works the best is to hold the trimmer down, get into position you want and then release it, I do runway landings like that and other things. You have to be light on the stick though if you want to do it that way, no abrupt movements, you gotta keep it smooth.

That's the way I trim my Shark... I always thought that was the proper way to do it(without a force feedback stick).

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

That's the way I trim my Shark... I always thought that was the proper way to do it(without a force feedback stick).

The proper Russian way is apparently frequent short clicks but even with my FFB stick I find the other way is the only usable method in DCS.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Most of the instruction I've read or seen in videos actually describes your way of trimming. It's what works best for me as well.

I'm using flight director function for it, as it allows to fly without AP authority for all three channels, yet stabilisation and dampening is on for attitude and heading changes, allowing runway approach or evasive maneuvers without risking to get out of balance. Read the only proper way to trim is to short click and release trim on Ka-50, not holding it. It might have something to do with safety or hydraulic trim wear.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer