performance drops again?

whitehot

I had terrible issues in regards to fps dropping to a slideshow while using area munitions, using some older AMD card.

After upgrading to a GTX 970, my fps were beautiful again, using all kind of rockets, CBUs and thangs.

Now after some later DCS world update, it seems to me that the drops are back, although not as terrible as before, but anyway, I can't stand remembering what used to happen back then.

Pls give us a break, so far it's the most game-experience killing feature DCS ever had to me, ED don't let that happen..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Im also have fps issues. but i noticed it with nvidias new update, because it also hurts my fps in elite dangerous now also.

Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, Nvidia GTX 970 Reference , AMD FX-9590, H100i Cooler W/ Jetflo 120mm Red LED x2, Corsair Vengeance pro 16GB 1866 Mhz, Sandisk 240GB, WD10EX 1TB 7200RPM, Corsair RM850 PSU, Thermaltake RX-I Full ATX Case With 6 Fans( 4x200mm 2x120mm).

v1.2.16.37730.701-421 (Quickstart) F-15 Intercept.miz

It's really odd.

I can pause the game and blammo certain angles drop it to 4~10FPS.

I look up/Other angles and It will jump back up to 25+.

The Really strange thing is it only happens During certain parts of the mission.

This is reminding me of Mechwarrior Online with glitchy memory errors on objects in CryEngine 3.4.6666 :crash:

Screen_150331_200850.thumb.jpg.69ea572c9d7e3b73428d1ca1fecd62f8.jpg

Screen_150331_200905.thumb.jpg.2aa4faa286720ed3bed806aecdaa33f8.jpg

I look up/Other angles and It will jump back up to 25+.

The issue in your screen shots is that one of them has a good chunk of a town in it and I can also see some smoke trails in the bottom left section, so there's probably a number of extra objects being rendered.

To be brutally honest, if you can only run the game at just over 25 frames normally (ie, the less demanding views of mostly an airplane or two and lots of sky), then your PC is in dire need of an upgrade.

Not saying DCS World isn't entirely at fault as by all accounts it's not the most efficient user of system resources and is a CPU hog, but it's not solely to blame for big framerate drops (well, unless you're using cluster bombs...) if your PC can't keep up.

Edited by Buzzles

The issue in your screen shots is that one of them has a good chunk of a town in it and I can also see some smoke trails in the bottom left section, so there's probably a number of extra objects being rendered.

I've only experienced this with the F-15C During flight.

Su-27 flying around with cities and other planes nada.

F-86F with more then 12 Planes flying around nada.

(Sometimes at some Airstrips with loads of planes sitting around)

Screen_150331_184851.thumb.jpg.13be42f00de1442f6f5074cbb997d5c7.jpg

I've poor FR issues too.

Recentely I upgraded my rig with a GTX 970 and 24Gb DDR3. It seems like I got not fps gain at all.

BTW, DCS and GPU panel settings have not great influence on fps.

I'm runnig at about 20-30 fps avarage with drops to 1/2 that value when the scenery is overcrowded or flying NOE.

I've feeling fps dropped with last game version (1.2.16). I'm definitely getting very good performance with other games as Rise of Flight and Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad.

I've only experienced this with the F-15C During flight.

Su-27 flying around with cities and other planes nada.

F-86F with more then 12 Planes flying around nada.

(Sometimes at some Airstrips with loads of planes sitting around)

Now that is interesting, what with having 42 fps on that shot.

I wonder if it's either a LOD issue, or if there's some other graphical setting causing issues.

Now that is interesting, what with having 42 fps on that shot.

I wonder if it's either a LOD issue, or if there's some other graphical setting causing issues.

I was playing around.

I reset AMD Catalyst settings (not that his ever does anything much)

I also changed structures = {XX, XXXX}; Even lower in graphics.lua

Seems like there might be something wrong with Structures being rendered?

Even at Airbase's with many planes it runs better now. 30~50 FPS smooth.

I know it is a potato computer at work with only a Quad Core2/8GB ram/6670 1GB. It runs much better now.

I have been sitting on dual Xeon 8Core box and Core i7-3770S in the box.

I just don't have time to even complete my Win7 64Bit personal Sysprep image. Very Close to having it ready to roll out on computers.

NVidia users should check to make sure multi monitor option isnt set in the nvidia CP,

I believe something has changed and it is now set.to multi monitor by default.

Both AMD abd Nvidia users should also have dcs exe profiles set to application controlled for most stuff, overwriting DCS's internal settings have issues.

Also note your location on the map when the FPS hit happens abd create a mission with just your plane and fly it, if your fps is fine in a mission by yourself in the same spot its the AI objects is fine then its something along the lines of AI objects Objects count or CPU.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

NVidia users should check to make sure multi monitor option isnt set in the nvidia CP,

I believe something has changed and it is now set.to multi monitor by default.

Both AMD abd Nvidia users should also have dcs exe profiles set to application controlled for most stuff, overwriting DCS's internal settings have issues.

Also note your location on the map when the FPS hit happens abd create a mission with just your plane and fly it, if your fps is fine in a mission by yourself in the same spot its the AI objects is fine then its something along the lines of AI objects Objects count or CPU.

OK about the multi monitor setting option, but I guess it is second nature to give a look at GPU setting panel anytime you update it.

I agree DCS's internal settings produce better performance than managing same settings by GPU control panel but it's true that DCS does not provide anisotropic filtering and users must enable it by GPU setting panel. So you have a mix of paramets controlled by GPU control panel and DCS's internal setting page.

In last days I tried a lot of different settings working over DCS's internal game option page and GPU control panel.

It seems like most of times setting changes do not provide improvement in fps.

Last evening I noticed a clear improvement in fps starting a new session after changes I went after the day before. What I'm saying is that I changed some settings in the previous session, without any immediate improvement in fps; then I turned off my rig. In the next session, without any new change in setting, I got a good improvement in fps. That moves me to think it's useful to reboot you rig after changing more paramenters in DCS setting page or in GPU control panel.

I'm also experiencing huge drop of frame rate in A-10C while CBU is exploding.

I have gigabyte geforce gtx 760.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

I'm also experiencing huge drop of frame rate in A-10C while CBU is exploding.

I have gigabyte geforce gtx 760.

Your not the only one.

Those things can destroy framerate for me too.

The Animation can't be that bad can it?

Or is it doing math that isn't optimized?

Your not the only one.

Those things can destroy framerate for me too.

The Animation can't be that bad can it?

Or is it doing math that isn't optimized?

Let's hope they will fix that in next update.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi