Huey Smoke Logic Test

Wrench

Here is a simple mission I created to demonstrate some logic I did with the trigger system.

A Vietnam veteran Huey pilot once told me that originally, they would pop smoke to mark their location in the jungle. and then simply tell the pilot what color smoke to look for. This worked until the VC started popping the same color if they found the radio freq, and shoot at the helos if they landed at the wrong smoke signal.

So, they started popping a random color and the pilot would report what colors he saw, and the infantry would tell him if that smoke was theirs or not.

I wanted to re-create that, so I spent a few hours getting it to work with just the trigger system, no scripting.

I originally wanted to have only a right/wrong trigger system, but it consistently failed in testing.

I ended up with a Wrong,Wrong,Right, system in which incorrect color responses are individualized for each color.

Either way, after many tests it works consistently, so I thought I'd share.

************Update************

V 2.0 Beta

I have now edited the mission to use the CTTS Script found here.

The soldiers can now be dropped anywhere, but if dropped near the Bradleys they will follow a few more waypoints as if they actually had a mission to complete there, instead of just milling around like they would if I used the CTTS script alone.

I basically set they're advanced waypoint options to hold at the pickup point, and a trigger to resume once they reach the dropoff point near the bradleys. There is a 100m trigger zone centered at that location, and if the infantry is set down inside of it, get the Resume command and follow a few more waypoints away from the DZ. This is to test if you can drop troops with the CTTS and have them continue along a path.

Huey Pickup.zip

Huey Pickupv2b.zip

Edited by Wrench

• 2 weeks later...

The soldiers can now be dropped anywhere, but if dropped near the Bradleys they will follow a few more waypoints as if they actually had a mission to complete there, instead of just milling around like they would if I used the CTTS script alone.

Tried out the mission, everything work as you described except the soldiers do not follow the waypoints after drop... they just mill around :unsure:

High jinks!

interesting perspective. I am reading Chickenhawk and enjoying it too.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.