Huey EGT limitations... Test Flight...

DSPALLASVI

+1 :thumbup:

+1 indeed!

love the huey. really, really hope this will finally be implemented. c'mon BST you can do it! maybe for dcsworld 2.5? :smilewink:

ps: thanks to DSPALLASVI. the script works nicely and its interesting to play with, but i think its too strict right now. i don't think the engine would instantly shut down when you go over a limit? like... it will definitely accrue damage the longer you go over the limit and reduce its operational time. but completely failing would be more or less random, right? it might break down instantly, or in 10 seconds or you were lucky and could make it out.

... Plus it seems our engine is underpowered too, so we're getting overtly high EGT values for corresponding collective settings vs. the real thing.

BST has said they're going to rectify these errors, but it has been this way for years already. So here's hoping that they eventually get around to fixing them actually ;)

Yes, it feels that way. Hope BST corrects this. Out of all the modules, I like flying the Huey most.

ps: thanks to DSPALLASVI. the script works nicely and its interesting to play with, but i think its too strict right now. i don't think the engine would instantly shut down when you go over a limit? like... it will definitely accrue damage the longer you go over the limit and reduce its operational time. but completely failing would be more or less random, right? it might break down instantly, or in 10 seconds or you were lucky and could make it out.
Of course the EGT triggers I created are too strict, but this is all I got to work with, when it comes to resembling something even "close" to a penalty for abusing the turbine.

As it is right now, and has been for many years since the Huey came out, you can pull the collective into your proverbial armpit and fly untill the cows come home in the evening, have slept overnight in the stables and gone out again into the pastures with the upcoming Sun.

I am NOT a coder, have no connections with Belsimtek, and have NO idea how to even write a '.lua' file that actually works.

Trust me, if I had any knowledge of the interior workings of the (virtual) Huey, the EGT would represent real life wear and tear on the turbine,

I'd be opening and closing front doors individually, have a working winch, be able to communicate with ATC realistically,

and if a friendly would fly by, he'd be rocking his wings in recognition, 'cause we went last night to the same piss-up party at the 'The Well' on base...

:beer:

If anyone knows how to make the EGT more realistic and less "strict", please step forward and share it with us all... noexpression.gif

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

WE appreciate your work. It's great that there's someone willing and able to do something. Hopefully they'll fix the EGT problem AND get us the proper power to go along with it. As is stands, from what I've read, we should have more power/take more to get to, the EGT limit.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Also, has this been officially brought up in the bugs section? I took a look and didn't see anything. That may help getting someone to look into it.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

As you can see in the first threat of this post, I was wondering if it was possible to implement these EGT limitations into a '.lua' script, but as 'Ajax' replied, it is not possible.

My hope was that in the case it was, one only needs to put one Trigger at the start of each mission (for example: execute 'real EGTs.lua') and that would be it.

Any flying in that particular mission would have to be within 'EGT / Time frame' limits... but alas, we're stuck with manually inputting the various temp ranges.

It is SUCH a pity, 'cause Belsimtek has come THIS far in re-creating as close as one can get to a real Huey....,

and it can't be THAT difficult to push the module into the "Awesome!" and "Best Helicopter Simulator on the Web!" virtual stratosphere!...

We're SOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!!:(:doh::pilotfly:

346644143_2-Leuchtturm1-466.thumb.jpg.f34722722d4b4d10e9383f26fc91893b.jpg

835773975_3-Flight-806.thumb.jpg.8f6bcf136194df428ade058b10f7b1a7.jpg

2129459564_4-OilRig-744.thumb.jpg.78e58016f576c434bae8ce36a1aa4a6c.jpg

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

That may help getting someone to look into it.

BST are aware of the problems and their intention is to fix them in the future. See the link in my sig for details.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

We'll see about that. They've been 'planning' on fixing these issues for a looooong time now...

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf