F-86 Voice Attack Profile

DarkCrow

I just install Voice Attack a couple of days ago and have spent all my free time testing it out and making an F-86 profile. I'm completely new to this type of thing but I figured I would share the profile so that others may enjoy it as well.

Here is the profile: DCS F-86.zip

Must do's :

Remap all view keys that use F1-F12. These will be interfered with because of how I had to assign commands in Voice Attack due to how dynamic the Comm's window is in DCS.

(I just used the Num keys, because I have track IR and never used those default view keys)

When talking to Ground Crew, Flight, 2,3, or 4 (Wingmen) you must first say their name. Examples: "Ground Crew, Chief turn on the ground power", "Flight, Go Echelon Right."

ATC was the hardest thing to figure out how to do because of the Dynamic Comm's Menu and some sacrifices had to be made. Such as multiple commands can trigger other commands. Example: Because " Request Take Off" and "Request Landing" both use the F1 key to initiate the command in different menus when the ATC menu says "F1 request landing" you could say "Request Take Off" and it would still request landing.

Because of this I broke up the ATC commands. Example: When talking to a wingman you just key up using F-86 mic key and issue command. " 2 engage bandit" and Voice Attack will go through all the Comm's Menus and initiate the command. With ATC you would say " Tower (when talking to the nearest tower)" then you will see your choices and just say what you want to do out of those choices. Hope this makes sense.

In addition for the ATC, you can say "Tower 2" - "Tower 10" to shortcut to the nearest 9 airfields after "Tower." Or you can say "ATC" and see the list of nearest airfields then say which Tower you would like.

Give this profile a try and let me know what you think.

Edited by DarkCrow

• 5 years later...
It's been six years, let's see if it still works and if your monitoring this for a response. Just started learning the F-86 and want to use my Voice Attack.

Just in case OP has flown off to another world, you can find a VoiceAattack profile I made for the F-86 here, as well as some other VoiceAttack profiles.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242416

Mine does not include DCS ATC though. You maybe be able to combine the VA profiles to make one, ultimate F-86 profile.

• Like 1