DiCE: DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor by Bailey (v6 MAY2023)

Bailey

c3ReSUe.png.c446613aa84ca5a557b42e0df170a1bc.png

Have you been waiting too long for ED's CMS DTC feature? Wait no longer! Roll for initiative with DiCE and use the DCS Special Options menu to edit countermeasure programs!

Download DiCE v6 from the ED Userfiles here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

Hello and welcome to DiCE: DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor. DiCE allows you to use the DCS Special Options menu to change and modify the flare and chaff countermeasure programs of various DCS aircraft, for example, the F-18C and F-16C. DiCE is a solution to DCS's not yet implemented DTC (Data Cartridge) Countermeasure functions.

The README includes:
-Introduction
-Install Instructions
-Common or Possible Issues
-Acknowledgments and Credits

Huge thanks to all of the people who helped out with DiCE!

PT61AjR.thumb.jpg.e8a536191c813b888ebf92de8b9fdb5c.jpg

More pics below.

qtEIyS1.thumb.jpg.7f876ca5a06364b213aa7b6feea1de24.jpg

FAQs:

Q: Is DiCE IC safe?
A: Yes, DiCE passes Integrity Check so you can use it for Single Player and Multiplayer. 

Q: Does the DiCE mod remember your CM settings after DCS updates?
A: DCS should remember the Special Options menu so all you would have to do is press 'OK' in the Special Options menu for the aircraft to get its countermeasure profiles back after a DCS update.

Q: What aircraft are included?
A: F-18C, F-16C, A-10C, A-10C2, AV-8B, M2000C.

Q: I have DCS installed in Program Files. Why does DiCE crash when I try to edit a countermeasure profile?
A: DiCE does not have the privileges to write to Program Files. The current solution is to either run DCS as Admin, or manually start DiCE as Admin. This is fixed in DiCE v5!

-Please join us in the Discord server: https://discord.gg/d4VFhde49b.

-Check out DiCE on the DCS forums here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=288709

-Check out my other Mods, Utilities. and VoiceAttack profiles here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...TED_BY=asherao

-Please feel free to donate. All donations go back into DCS to create more free mods, just like this one: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/asherao

Feel free to contact me on the ED forums (Bailey) or better yet on Discord (Bailey#6230). Remember that comments, questions, critiques, and requests are always welcome!

Enjoy!
~Bailey
MAY2023

Version Notes:
v1
-Initial Release
-DiCE F-18C enabled
-DiCE F-16C enabled
v2
-DiCE A-10C and A-10C2 enabled (one Special Menu for both)
v2.1
-Corrected some F-16C values
v2.2
-DiCE now opens minimized (requested feature)
-Fixed a F-16 special options menu showing all zeros (added two parenthesis)
v3
-DiCE AV-8B enabled
v4
-DiCE M2000C enabled
-Adjusted some Gui stuff
v4.1
-Updated readme (read readme if you have DCS installed in Program Files)
-Took away “DiCE is already running” popup
v4.11
-Fixed DiCE errors in dcs.log file
v4.2
-DiCE now makes CMS changes on startup too (thanks Bear21)
v4.3
-Updated F-16C for DCS v2.7.7.15038
v5.0
-Removed use of exe (Requires removing ALL DiCE files before installing v5, to include `Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Hooks/DiCE-DCS-Integrated-Countermeasure-Editor.lua`
-Updated F18C
-Updated F16C
-Adjusted Special Options > DiCE GUI
v5.1
-TAIPAN_ fixed F-16 programs not applying saved programs, manual and auto (only program 1
was working)
-TAIPAN_ fixed AV8B Chaff only program not saving properly
v6
- Added the option to disable DiCE (Integrity Check Pass Mode)
- Minor code cleanup

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Awesome work Bailey! Definitely tired of waiting for DTC features and you made a real nice option here.

The main advantage of this compared to the CMS editor you made is that it is directly in the UI, correct? The other one has a basic backup function and more aircraft supported for now. Could we even use your CMS Editor in conjunction for the F-16 and F/A-18 to do edits outside of DCS with it and then when we are in DCS use DiCE to fine tune the programs?

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Awesome work Bailey! Definitely tired of waiting for DTC features and you made a real nice option here.

The main advantage of this compared to the CMS editor you made is that it is directly in the UI, correct? The other one has a basic backup function and more aircraft supported for now. Could we even use your CMS Editor in conjunction for the F-16 and F/A-18 to do edits outside of DCS with it and then when we are in DCS use DiCE to fine tune the programs?

You are exactly right. DiCE is for in-game. CMS Editor is for out of game and provides backups as well as more aircraft at the moment. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281284.

Hmmm, as for the second part, using CMS Editor and then DiCE. The problem with that is that DiCE does not "read" the aircraft countermeasure lua. DiCE reads the DCS options.lua. This means that whatever changes you make to the aircraft cms lua will not retroactively be displayed in the Special Options menus.

But, if you are looking for a quick change of profiles in the middle of a mission (because the profiles are loaded on plane spawn and re-spawn), CMS Editor will be your go-to in that specific situation.

You are exactly right. DiCE is for in-game. CMS Editor is for out of game and provides backups as well as more aircraft at the moment. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281284.

Hmmm, as for the second part, using CMS Editor and then DiCE. The problem with that is that DiCE does not "read" the aircraft countermeasure lua. DiCE reads the DCS options.lua. This means that whatever changes you make to the aircraft cms lua will not retroactively be displayed in the Special Options menus.

But, if you are looking for a quick change of profiles in the middle of a mission (because the profiles are loaded on plane spawn and re-spawn), CMS Editor will be your go-to in that specific situation.

Okay, good to know. Thanks for all your apps, donation sent. I look forward using DiCE and future updates!

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Okay, good to know. Thanks for all your apps, donation sent. I look forward using DiCE and future updates!

Donation received! Thank you so much! It is much appreciated!

DiCE v2 has been released!

v2

-DiCE A-10C and A-10C2 enabled (one Special Menu for both)

Download it from the ED Userfiles here:https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

Take a look at the A10C menu in the first post.

Enjoy!

~Bailey

This is awesome. Now if you could do something similar for the A10CII HMCS profiles. Donation sent.

Donation received! Thank you so much! I'll see what I can do for the A10CII HMCS profiles. No promises though. It's typically up to the dev to make things like that visible via lua or some other method.

DiCE has been updated to v2.2. Check it out!

v2.1

-Corrected some F-16C values

v2.2

-DiCE now opens minimized (requested feature)

Not a critical update, but a nice QoL update. Enjoy!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312680/

Awesome, can't wait to try it !

Thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Hmmm. On first loading, I get THIS when launching DCS.

DICE_Failure.png.0572cc7f1b4a5cc6f385a02951bf6aea.png

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Hmmm. On first loading, I get THIS when launching DCS.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDICE_Failure.png Views:\t0 Size:\t60.4 KB ID:\t7116860","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7116860","data-size":"full","title":"DICE_Failure.png"}[/ATTACH]

Please ensure that you have read the Readme and installed DiCE in Saved Games. Most people who see that have mistakenly installed DiCE in their DCS install location. The DCS install location is the incorrect install location for DiCE.

That was it... I saw a note about admin privileges and it clicked. It doesn't crash, but I'm not getting any updates to my programs.

Does DCS still need to run as admin? I know the CMDS programs are stored in the install folder... I don't know if putting your programs in Saved Games works.

EDIT: Tried running DCS as admin and it works.

My only other question is this: Is there an easy way to copy over edits I'd already made prior to installing DICE, so it recognizes them? Thanks!

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

EDIT: Tried running DCS as admin and it works.

My only other question is this: Is there an easy way to copy over edits I'd already made prior to installing DICE, so it recognizes them? Thanks!

Yay! I am glad you got it worked out. No, unfortunately there is not a way to gracefully import other CMS settings. If you want, you can manually edit them into the options.lua file.

Silly me, I was looking at the DICE optionsDB.lua and scratching my head.

Doing this in Notepad++ will be a lot easier and less tedious than doing it in the DCS options menu. :thumbup:

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Silly me, I was looking at the DICE optionsDB.lua and scratching my head.

Doing this in Notepad++ will be a lot easier and less tedious than doing it in the DCS options menu. :thumbup:

Haha, yea. I hope that the value names are self explanatory!

I installed it in the Saved games/DCS folder (simply drag the two folders onto the DCS folder, the rest is automatic). It appeared in the Specials tab and I could edit the programs, but nothing happened in the aircraft. I found the solution. You need Modify authority for the DCS folders CMDS_ALE47.lua file. You find it here for the F-16:

xx:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device

You find it somewhere in the Cockpit\Scripts folder for the other aircraft.

Right-click on the file for Properties, then go to the Security tab. Click Edit and in the dialog click "Users (xxx\Users)"and set "Modify" rights. Then OK and it should work in DCS.

Nice utility Bailey.

HP Envy 34 TM16000/TWCS/TFRP. Simrig: I7-8700, 32GB, RTS2080Ti, 4K U32590C, TrackIR5, MG-T50C2 stick/base, T50CM2 throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 4 weeks later...

I installed it in the Saved games/DCS folder (simply drag the two folders onto the DCS folder, the rest is automatic). It appeared in the Specials tab and I could edit the programs, but nothing happened in the aircraft. I found the solution. You need Modify authority for the DCS folders CMDS_ALE47.lua file. You find it here for the F-16:

xx:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device

You find it somewhere in the Cockpit\Scripts folder for the other aircraft.

Right-click on the file for Properties, then go to the Security tab. Click Edit and in the dialog click "Users (xxx\Users)"and set "Modify" rights. Then OK and it should work in DCS.

Nice utility Bailey.

Thanks for the tip, and thank you for the props :D

Hey Baily,

just got DiCE and it works great out of the Box!

However, my clumsy fingers have a hard time adjusting Burst Intv and Salvo Intv. You think it would be possible to make these either direct input or more granular by reducing the Max possible Value?

Either way - excellent stuff & thanks for doing this!

52d_Sig_Pic3.png