How to enable autopilot to follow heading mode

Very simply put, press "R" which moves the Descent—Route switch on the collective to Route mode.

Correct, but then he'll be flying to the next WP (desired track).

As wants to fly to a desired heading (at least that's how I understand his question), the WP-button on the PVI-800 has to be off -> display shows no coordinates. Now entering Route-mode will fly a stable heading.

Steer to your heading, stabilize and trim.

Thanks guys.

Ideally, like in most modern aircraft, if in auto-pilot mode - i'd like to move heading bug on the HSI and the aircraft should move to the new heading automatically...but that's ok I can steer.

If I press R - it's in auto-pilot mode right?

But I see the FD/AP button on the right console doesn't come on - what does that do?

But I see the FD/AP button on the right console doesn't come on - what does that do?

I truly recommend you read this part of the manual first. It will be easier to understand and explain.

Trying to lean the basic through the forum is the "hard way".

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Learn how to fly using the Flight Director in freehand, not using the "R" Engage / Disengage Route Mode, fly to where you want to go. Eventually when you get battle damage and lose your 3-amigos autopilot, hydraulic damage and radar altimeter you will be forced to fly freehand without the luxury of even using the Flight Director if you want to RTB and get repaired.

Using the targeting cursor and the Shkval TV screen, engage autopilot "R" will fly to wherever you put the targeting cursor, providing if you setup the K-041 targeting system correctly and specifically the Auto Turn On Target Mode push button so it lights up.

You need to read the Ka-50 flight manual a little, fly a little bit what you are studying, go back read some more, fly a little bit more, etc. It took me about a year to fly her fairly well and another year to learn how to use the combat systems effectively. I am still learning! I taught myself, nobody helped me except a few questions on forums, what I researched in the forums archive and the DCS Ka-50 tutorials and third-party tutorials other guys have made; YouTube videos also help. For me, the Ka-50 is the hardest to learn aircraft DCSW has to date.

About 95% of my sim flight time was/is in MP online.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you guys...i did read the manual but the "section" on AP/FD was very brief and not verify clear.

Pressing the button turns FD on and AP off - the button label says AP/FD - that's not clear at all.

Anyway thanks - i will soldier on...