Can't Join Any Servers

GC1993

I've recently come back to DCS after several months away at Uni, and can't seem to join any multiplayer servers. My internet connection is up and running, the connection speed is set to LAN in options, and I'm running the latest version of DCS.

I've tried many servers and it's the same for all - I click join, the loading screen comes up, goes all the way and is about to jump into the server when "Connection Interrupted" suddenly flashes up and returns me to the server list. I don't think it's a ban message, as if I understand correctly when you're banned "connection interrupted" comes up immediately when you try and join a server, rather than it loading first......also like I said it's ALL servers.

Anyone got any suggestions?

• ED Team

are you using a firewall / antivirus that could be interfering with the connection?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

are you using a firewall / antivirus that could be interfering with the connection?

Nope, not added any firewall or changed anything on that spectrum since I last played and it was fine before. Been reading around and it might be to do with integrity checks? Only mod I added since it last worked was Starway's afterburner mod but apparently that passes integrity checks fine.......so I'm stumped.

• ED Team

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS

you will find your log folder, zip it and attach here after a failed connection

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

The only thing I can think of next is to make a backup of your controls C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

then delete your dcs folder in the saved games folder, dcs will create a new one when you restart, then you can place your input folder you saved back in.

Also try a repair from the start menu.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Just tried the first suggestion, still no avail. I'm hesitant to do a repair because I'll have to put all my mods back on afterwards....do you reckon the issue is mod related with this newest afterburner one I've put on? It's the only change to my set-up since it was working before...

• ED Team

it is difficult to say, but having a clean install with no mods would be a good place to start from to troubleshoot.

OK just did a DCS repair to make the game clean again, I entered servers fine. I then installed all the mods (about 4 or so) that worked previously with multiplayer, tried again, and it didn't work. So something has changed either in DCS or with the existing mods which is failing the integrity check.

At least we've worked out it's nothing to do with the afterburner mod as I didn't attempt to re-enable that one......just weird that a mod that used to work fine is suddenly failing the checks. :(