Clock usage

Gideon

Problem: When I try to use the aircraft clock (Rshift c), it seems that the second hand always keep running no matter if I stop or reset the clock.

Q: Does anyone use the clock to shoot missiles in succession? Can you give an example to use it to your advantage.

Edited by Gideon

Can you use the stopwatch or the flight clock?

I've just checked here, and both functions seem unavailable. I know it was fine a few months ago.

From what I know the stopwatch is useful for BVR F-Pole/A-Pole timing. I didn't use it much so I can't be more precise.

Could anyone confirm the clock functions are currently unavailable on the Su-27?

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Can you use the stopwatch or the flight clock?

I've just checked here, and both functions seem unavailable. I know it was fine a few months ago.

From what I know the stopwatch is useful for BVR F-Pole/A-Pole timing. I didn't use it much so I can't be more precise.

Could anyone confirm the clock functions are currently unavailable on the Su-27?

The key bindings seem to have been removed but, when I put them back in, it works fine.

Gideon, the first time you press the keys, the stopwatch sweep hand starts. The 2nd press, stops it. And the 3rd press resets it to zero. That's how it's working on my end.

Also on my end, LShift + C was tied to "cut burst" and the stopwatch function was blank. I had to reset it.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

As far as I know the start/stop/reset is now binded to Rshift C.

I see a blank-, half white dot, and a white dot in the aircraft clock when using the keybinding, but it doesn't effect the stopwatch hand. (Right little clock.) However it seems that the left little clock starts to count.

Q: What is the function of the left little clock btw ?

Found this YouTube movie:

I think it's yours (Ironhand)?

Edited by Gideon

I see a blank-, half white dot, and a white dot in the aircraft clock when using the keybinding, but it doesn't effect the stopwatch hand. (Right little clock.) However it seems that the left little clock starts to count.

OK. Shows you how much attention I pay to the clock these days. :)

There are two key bindings for the clock:

• RShift+C: Flight Clock start/stop/reset
  • (Unbound and, so, you'll have to set it yourself): Elapsed Time Clock start/stop/reset

The Flight Clock is the small left-hand dial. Use it to time anything you want. How long you're on a particular course, time until your next visit to the O club, whatever. It starts when you enter the cockpit and, as such, is a mission timer counting minutes and hours. The first time you press the RShift+C combo, it stops and a half circle appears to inform you that it is stopped. The next time you press that combo, it resets to "0" and a full circle appears to inform you that it's reset and ready to start timing the next thing you want to time.

The Elapsed Time Clock (the large red hands) are presently unbound. You'll have to set it up for yourself in Options. Once you do, you'll have control of the large red hands.

[EDIT]You might find that you actually have a default key binding for "Elapsed Time Clock start/stop/reset". It occurs to me that I have altered enough bindings over time that I might have removed it to use LShift+C for something else at one point. I don't recall doing that but...

At any rate, they are referenced in the Options just as I referenced them: "Flight Clock start/stop/reset" and "Elapsed Time Clock start/stop/reset". [EDIT ENDS]

[EDIT 2]Yes, that's mine.[EDIT 2 ENDS]

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 7 years later...
On 7/29/2015 at 12:16 AM, Gideon said:

Here is a video I just made on the clock in the SU-27.

https://youtu.be/GkYZ54z-HAc

• Like 1