DH/DTA manual

paloncho

Good afternnon.

I've been trying to guide the shark using DH and/or DTA pointers in the HSI (I guess would be de DA pointer).

I've read that setting DH/DTA switch to manual, you can do it... but couln't make it work. As soon as I set it to manual, can not engage autopilot.

I see it very useful as a "manual" autopilot to make direction changes though the DA and/or DTA pointers when flying though mountains and leaving some control to de autopilot or on very long trips with no preloaded routes.

Should I make some configuration in the PVI-800?

Regards and thanks for all the knowledge you leave in this place :D:thumbup:

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

Make sure there is NO waypoint selected in the waypoint selector pad.

If you set the Desired Heading/ desired track in the middle position and you engage route mode on the collective then you will fly the heading/bank/pitch and altitude (if you activate this autopilot bank) in whatever you trim your helicopter. This is indeed great for mountains or even sideways flying.

Edit: I'm sorry I thought you meant the position switch next to the baro/radio altimeter. switch.

I never set the switch next to the weapon panel to manual. So i don't know if this works.

Edited by kingpinda

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks kingpinda.

I'm currently using that king of "manual" direction heading for the autopilot, but maybe there was the option using DH/DTA pointers in the HSI to make helicopter to change directions, just like the autopilot in commercial flight (FSX, for example).

Anyway, just a silly thing...

Thanks for your reply!

• ED Team

Paloncho, I've never even thought to try adjusting the HSI manually while the autopilot was engaged. I've used the technique that Kingpanda described, but now I'm curious myself about what you described. I'm going to play around with it today and see what I can come up with. If I find anything useful, I'll post it here.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Paloncho, I've never even thought to try adjusting the HSI manually while the autopilot was engaged. I've used the technique that Kingpanda described, but now I'm curious myself about what you described. I'm going to play around with it today and see what I can come up with. If I find anything useful, I'll post it here.

Great raptor9!

I've tried to twist several parameters in PVI800 but nothing happend, so kept going with the trimmer and non navigational point selected (or DH/DT in neutral).

And call me stupid, but discovered that the flight director is AMAZING in combat to make amazing maneuvers and for landing too. It makes the chopper very very easy to flight and really stable and it works amazingly with the trimmer.

• ED Team

Yeah, I fly with the flight director engaged all the time unless I'm flying straight and level and/or using autopilot functions (like auto-hover).

Especially for shooting rockets, the flight director will allow you to not have to fight the SAS hold functions, makes keeping the Ka-50 stable for those rocket shots a lot easier. You could hold down the trimmer the whole time to interrupt the hold functions, but why bother when you can just switch on the flight director. :)

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 3 weeks later...

DH/DT only works AFTER your first waypoint. There is no track angle to your first waypoint.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.