"Curtain graphic glitches" question

Seen this from the beginning but never bothered to ask. Anyone else seen these this type of “Curtain” glitches. They are more noticeable while on the ground. Any fix anyone knows about? Using 1280x960 without AA and without AF. Tried different settings and version of drivers, with and without AF and AA. Seems to follow in all my settings. Tried with and without modman. Using also;

L01 = 30000;

L12 = 50000;

For LandDay, Night, in the config.cfg. Was the same at default settings.

Assistance appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance

Cheers

screenshot0000yp.th.jpg

Yes I have this issue as well Kindred...

I'm running a NVidia 6800 Ultra with the 84.43 drivers, but I have set the AA @ 16X and AF @ 8XS, and Image @ High Quality..

I get the graphic glitches but I dont have all of those jaggies (LOL)..

I've heard that If you actually roll back the drivers to a 71.00 series or something like that, it will eliminate these bugs.

From what I've heard the reason for this is because Lock On was actually developed about 2003 and was written with DirectX 8..

For me I'm used to these bugs and there are many reasons why I'm going to continue running the newer drivers..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Kindred I have the same issues as well on my 6600GT. I too tried some of the 8x.xx series drivers with some drastic consequences as far as FC was concerned. I ended up resorting to 77.77s and aside from the curtain issue, which i hardly notice anymore, all is good.

I am wondering if the new 91.28 betas out today will be of any help to my card. Might have to check it out.

Killer

Seen this from the beginning but never bothered to ask. Anyone else seen these this type of “Curtain” glitches. They are more noticeable while on the ground. Any fix anyone knows about? Using 1280x960 without AA and without AF. Tried different settings and version of drivers, with and without AF and AA. Seems to follow in all my settings. Tried with and without modman. Using also;

L01 = 30000;

L12 = 50000;

For LandDay, Night, in the config.cfg. Was the same at default settings.

Assistance appreciated. :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance

Cheers

screenshot0000yp.th.jpg

This is not a driver problem and not a NVIDIA or ATI issue.

When you set "HAZE" to basic, this bug is gone. ;)

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

I had the same prob to some extend but i was not willing to turn off advanced Haze because it looks more realistic at high altitudes so i have solved it partly by rolling back to driver V. 77.72 by 3DGuru and i have turned off the ingame Full Screen option ( dont worry your screen wont schrink ) :) that helped alot.

Yes as far as I can see the present bug is a result of an older code being used here..

When Lock on was released the high end cards of that time were ATI 9800 and the NVidia 5700 which changed to the 5900 series.

But even then there were some problems present with the shaders...

It took a very long time for Lock On to be released and the Code was about 2 or three years old when the sim finally did hit the shelves.

I'm guessing but when the new Lock On reincarnatiion is released it should include a more up to date code.

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR