Widows 10

Cougar too (but didn't try on a fresh new install yet, but on an update over 8.1 it works fine)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

That is a lot of Widows... you should be more careful flying your missions. :)

Sorry! I forgot the "N" !

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

I ran into a problem with my Cougar MFD's. I couldn't run a Target Profile that included the MFD's.

Turns out that the problem surfaced with Windows 8 and continues with Windows 10 (I went from Win 7 to Win 10 directly). The MFD devices are placed in a sleep state (virtually) due to the fact that he devices don't send a signal to Windows that they are alive and well. This signal only applies to power management as the devices will test fine using their custom game controller applet.

There is a registry hack to turn off the "Enhanced Power Management" for each device.

Search "Cougar MFD with Win 10" and the registry change will appear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I ran into a problem with my Cougar MFD's. I couldn't run a Target Profile that included the MFD's.

Turns out that the problem surfaced with Windows 8 and continues with Windows 10 (I went from Win 7 to Win 10 directly). The MFD devices are placed in a sleep state (virtually) due to the fact that he devices don't send a signal to Windows that they are alive and well. This signal only applies to power management as the devices will test fine using their custom game controller applet.

There is a registry hack to turn off the "Enhanced Power Management" for each device.

Search "Cougar MFD with Win 10" and the registry change will appear.

Target software, when activated, shows up in the Device Manager as a virtual new device under the Thrustmaster heading. Go in there and make sure that the boxes for "let the computer turn off this device to save power" is UNCHECKED.

This worked for me.

When the Target software is shut down, the heading Thrustmaster disappears and the TM devices now revert from virtual back to hard USB addresses under a general USB heading. (I made sure the boxes are unchecked there also in case I wanted to connect as a straight DX device in some setups.)

Worked for me.

Cheers,

Target software, when activated, shows up in the Device Manager as a virtual new device under the Thrustmaster heading. Go in there and make sure that the boxes for "let the computer turn off this device to save power" is UNCHECKED.

This worked for me.

When the Target software is shut down, the heading Thrustmaster disappears and the TM devices now revert from virtual back to hard USB addresses under a general USB heading. (I made sure the boxes are unchecked there also in case I wanted to connect as a straight DX device in some setups.)

Worked for me.

Cheers,

Catseye,

Didn't work for me. The registry hack was the answer. Don't know what differs from your configuration but I went crazy looking for the answer after the approach you mention did not work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Catseye,

Didn't work for me. The registry hack was the answer. Don't know what differs from your configuration but I went crazy looking for the answer after the approach you mention did not work.

Glad you found the fix.

:thumbup:

Glad you found the fix.

:thumbup:

Yeah, so am I.

The only thing I can come up with is the MFD drivers are handled differently in Windows. I found a post from Thrustmaster that says the devices differ from the normal USB as they do not send an "alive and well" message to Windows in the power management scheme. Windows as a consequence shuts the power off to the virtual device.

Don't know if you have MFD's but they were my only problem. The Joystick and throttle behaved OK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67