Let´s make the 21st of every month MiG-21 day

Chrinik

I was thinking for a bit and decided to kick this idea out to the masses to decide.

Alot of people, including me, seem to like the MiG-21, despite it´s age and apparent lack of on-par enemies to fight, it attracts alot fo people simply by being a well made, very fun fighter/interceptor to fly and use.

So I thought, why not pick a day a month and make an Event centered around the MiG-21.

First of all, you MiG-drivers are probably gonna like the idea anyway, but what I would be really interested, is all you mission- and scenariodesigners, aswell as serverhosts.

Give some plane apropriate tasks (No SEAD missions, f.e.), have one side be whatever, the other side is nothing but MiG-21s in very large numbers (4-1 ratio or even 5-1 in favor of the MiG)

This would mean a single Eagle would find itself fighting 4-5 MiGs...this would probably create an interesting challenge for both sides.

And of course their could be Bomberintercepts, some Mudmoving etc. to spice things up.

So, anyone interested?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Hmm most days of most months are mig-21 days for me... I kill lots of f-15s... and su-27s... mig-29s... etc...

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I thought that organizing large numbers of people to overtake a server entirely is a little harsh...so I settled for just one day XD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

51st PVO regiment would be interested to host such event once a month on 51st US Server.

51st US Server with stats is hosting at the moment F-86/Mig-15 and MIG-21s missions. http://www.51st.org/stats/

Let me know Chrinik if you have a mission in mind and get in touch whit me if you need help whit a server.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Very nice. I´ll go ahead and do that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Red-Lyfe

51st PVO regiment would be interested to host such event once a month on 51st US Server.

51st US Server with stats is hosting at the moment F-86/Mig-15 and MIG-21s missions. http://www.51st.org/stats/

Sorry for the OT guys, but i enjoy 51st server very much flying the Balalaika, excellent ground for practice and equal fights between other 21s and also hawks. I haven´t seen it online the last couple of days (and i miss it), will it be back soon Tek? Thanks in advance.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"