X52 mousestick question

I cannot make it work as axes as I want to maintain the mouse for viewing. Is this the same problem at you?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I only know two ways to make my mini-stick work: One, which is my preference, is to assign the mouse axis to the TDS, or Two, to change the mini-stick settings to "Bands" and then assign the TDS keys to those bands (which is what you must do with Falcon4:AF).

BTW, everytime I've ever tried to assign the mini-stick to a Joystick axis, the Saitek software locks...don't do that.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

The mini stick is too slow for target aquisition IMHO. I use it for mouse view and for TDC I use the lower hat on the stick instead.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

In the input settings select mouse (not X52), go to axis and assign TDS slew horizontal and TDS slew vertical to the mini stick. I tried many combinations including the HAT switch for that and I find this option the best and it goes pretty dam smooth...I forgot how I assigned the curve and other stuff but for me it moves quite fast so I have no probs with that.

Guest Killswitch

MouseStick won't even move

Hi there!

So, your sticks still do something? Mine is working everywhere. As mouse under Windows, to move inside menus. But ingame, there's not a move. Not visible, neither anything. Tried everything. Maybe it's simply a short or something. Another X52 is working fine on the same computer. Mine is working fine everywhere else but in my place. Ever had that?

I am using bands also. But when I need to move the cursor on TDS in diagonal it gets on my nerves. It is not working. I have to move up/down and then to the sides.

I don't understand why when you set the the mini stick to act as two new axis they are not detected as so in the game? It should doesn't it?

And Killswitch, you checked that you don't load in game a profile that is using the ministick as axis and not as mouse axis? Could be that if you say that in windows is ok.

Ah... also. My "mouse wheel" from the throttle is practically useless as it takes different number of turns (1-5) every time just to be sensed as turned. I never ever in my life seen such a bad "mouse wheel" not even in the cheapest-taken-out-of-trashcan mouse. In Lock On no matter the setting I chose for the "mouse wheel" it is detected as moved even sporadicaly as button 33 and 34. I am thinking to take the thing apart to see if the darn fotocells are not cluttered by some dust or something. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Assign your TDC as "mouse" in Lock-On and switch to "Mouse x Axis" and "Mouse y Axis" in the Saitek Profiler. There you can also set the sensitivity of your stick. I prefer the sensitivity slide to be set at 3/4 of max.

Then load the profile and check if you can move your mouse on the Windows Desktop. If that works and your Lock-On TDC ist set to "Mouse" Targeting works very fine.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Heh, aparently the mouse wheel works just fine when you press the pinkie asigned as "Shift" in the SST. I found that on Saitek forums. I personaly noticed an improvement even if the pinkie is not "shift" as it is my "wheel brakes" button :).

Also the minimouse is not detected as axis because DirecX (direct imput I supose) cant see more than 8 axis :cry: ) Boy, how could the put the stupid twisty and let out the 2 nice axis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If anyone created a successful target aquisition for the ministick, is it possible for you to create a blank profile with just the ministick set up for the target aquistion and host it, it doesn't matter if the rest of the keys are blank, I can fill in those by myself. Currently i use the POV2 hat switch to target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine set up as bands awhile ago but system changed and now Im not useing it. I found one note I saved for this here .

The mouselook option isnt listed in the cockpit graphics options any longer in ver 1.02 like it it was in ver 1.0 and 1.1. But you still can set it on.

Use Notepad to edit the cockpit.lua file located in Lock On/Config/View/ folder

edit CockpitMouse = true and save the file.

You can also use the mouse for external viewing.

\Lock On\Config\View\view.lua

ExternalMouse = true

Dell 4400 2.0Ghz 768MB DDR PC2100 RAM

XP SP2 DX9.0c LO ver 1.02 & FC 1.1

Saitek X-45 TrackIR2 ATI9600XT CAT 5.6

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/