Navigation tutorial?

MrSloanes

Currently planning the video and looking at how to operate the different navigation devices.

Hopefully I will be able to upload at least an ADF tutorial video tomorrow (as it is the more complicated of both systems), with some luck I might be able to briefly cover the RSBN as well.

The RSBN however is pretty much the same as in the MiG-21, so I might just reference that for now ;)

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Currently planning the video and looking at how to operate the different navigation devices.

Hopefully I will be able to upload at least an ADF tutorial video tomorrow (as it is the more complicated of both systems), with some luck I might be able to briefly cover the RSBN as well.

The RSBN however is pretty much the same as in the MiG-21, so I might just reference that for now ;)

Could use something explaining the difference between "Landing" and "Glidepath" selection for RSBN choices. Mentally they seem like they would be the same? Also a demonstration of SDU!

"Landning" is basically an eastern ILS while "Glidepath" I assume is similar to what we have in the 21.

Glidepath will give you steering commands to descend while you are approaching the RSBN station, if you follow the commands you will be at certain altitudes at certain distances. I don't have the manual on my tablet so I won't swear this is true.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

Yes, the landing mode used the PRMG landing system to guide the aircraft from an initial height of 600m AGL to the runway providing lateral and vertical guidiance.

The descend mode can use any RSBN ground station to provide a safe descend path from pretty much any altitude to 600m AGL, again providing lateral and vertical guidiance.

If you follow the vertical commands you should be on an obstracle free descend path, even in bad weather.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled