[REPORTED]Su 27 Wheel Brake / Tire Bursts

ekg

It seems to me that the Su 27 tires burst really easily. For example, I have burst them while taxing. I think my speed (at least based on 1.2) was around 40-60 km/h. Does anyone have this issue? Is this a feature or a bug?

Taxiing at that speed, and in particular taking corners at that speed, is much much too fast. If you try taxiing at 20-30 Km/h you won't burst any tyres and can still swing around corners very nicely.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

What about landing? For example using the wheel brake after touch down and then making slight adjustments with the rudder will cause the tires to burst as well. It just seems like they are VERY delicate

This is an old bug. The Su27 wheels burst to fast compared to all other wheels in this game. It seems so that this problem isn't fix with this patch.

You can burst the wheels even at 30 kph without any problem, or if you brake for a longer time after the landing with a chute.

Answers like "use the chute" or "you are to fast" doesn't really help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

This is an old bug. The Su27 wheels burst to fast compared to all other wheels in this game. It seems so that this problem isn't fix with this patch.

You can burst the wheels even at 30 kph without any problem, or if you brake for a longer time after the landing with a chute.

Answers like "use the chute" or "you are to fast" doesn't really help.

I have to ask, how are people bursting tyres? I haven't had a burst tyre since the second patch after the Su-27 got its new flight model. Sure, sharp turns at silly taxiing speeds will burst your tyres, but you shouldn't be taxiing at anything really over 30 Km/h and turning at anything over 20. I've never burst the tyres at 30 Km/h. I don't understand how people manage it.

On landing, you should use your airbrake and drogue chute until you're below 100 Km/h and then use the wheel brakes in short bursts until you bring your speed right down. The tyres on the Su-27 are not designed for huge lateral forces. Taxi slower.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.