autopilot in DCS1.5

Prophet_f15

it's possible you do not have a dead zone setup on your joystick. with that there is just enough input in the stick that the game thinks you're moving it and will not activate AP. I had the same issue as you back when the PFM was made with my warthog I think I added 5 points to the deadzone [from 0] and boom AP worked.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

maybe try a bit more dead zone but if that doesnt work then I have no clue. but don't forget you need deadzone for both pitch and roll, and make sure you don't have pitch and roll linked to any other device either.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

by the way I'm not trying to tell you how to A2A RF but you shouldn't have AP on when Refueling mid air. Who knows maybe I'm wrong dunno.. but I'd think you wouldn't want it on.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use the "A" key for ATTITUDE hold first. Then hit "H" when you are flying level for ALTITUDE hold.

You should see corresponding lights on the right side light tree when you activate these.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

There is a reported bug with the AP as it pitches down after being active for some time. It also does not trim the aircraft out either, unsure if that is a bug or function corrected.

EDIT: I trim out manually now but it is not perfect at all. Hope they fix this in next fix.

So this behaviour is correct: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151081

?

Since the FM is still in beta stage and the behavior of A/P just was recoded I would expect some bugs.

Can't say anything about the specific issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

The autopilot shouldn't be able to trim since it is connected to the electric system and not the hydraulic system.

Cofcorpse also mentioned this very briefly somewhere.

I'm not saying this isn't the case but I don't think because the AP is Electric has anything to do with it not being able to trim. If that were the case then the pilot also would not be able to "TRIM' the aircraft since the trim hat on the stick is just an electric link.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not saying this isn't the case but I don't think because the AP is Electric has anything to do with it not being able to trim. If that were the case then the pilot also would not be able to "TRIM' the aircraft since the trim hat on the stick is just an electric link.

The autopilot is connected to the CAS system which is operated through the force sensor at the base of the stick grip and trim is on the hydromechanical system.

Trimming is done by actuators physically moving the control stick to a new position which again moves the control surfaces through the hydromechanical system.

CAS is an overlay of the primary flightsystem which is the hydromechanical system.

Maybe im not explaining this very well, but there is plenty of material available about the F-15 FCS on the internet if you are interested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

The autopilot is connected to the CAS system which is operated through the force sensor at the base of the stick grip and trim is on the hydromechanical system.

Trimming is done by actuators physically moving the control stick to a new position which again moves the control surfaces through the hydromechanical system.

CAS is an overlay of the primary flightsystem which is the hydromechanical system.

Maybe im not explaining this very well, but there is plenty of material available about the F-15 FCS on the internet if you are interested.

Well, this explanation is a bit more tuned. It makes perfect sense to me. I had thought about that after I posted my response before you replied back. None the less just saying it doesn't work because it's electric is what stuck me as odd and why I responded.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Trim is accomplished mechanically by jack screws. The pilot relief modes (ATT/ALT Hold) are achieved by inserting commanded pitch/roll into the CAS loop.This is unrelated to the OP hence why it wasn't included in earlier post.

My ATT and ALT hold commands are engaging. I'm still having the previously reported disengagement issue I detailed in another thread.