ILS Batumi Out of Service

P3CFE

I just had a go at ILS with the Huey at Batumi an hour or 2 ago, it did work.

I did have trouble with the Nalchik ILS in the Warthog, though, but I haven't tried again since I performed a repair (which I would recommend you do as well, and more generally, after every update).

After the last update, ILS Batumi gives no Ident or signal on 110.30.

Anybody else with the same problem ?

Greetz

+1, A-10c.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same issue but at kolkhi airport, flying the A-10C. There were no pulse sounds and or mark bacon alerts.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Were you on approach for the same runway that the tower told you was active?

Would that have an influence on the ILS emitting? Actually ATC gives runway 31, not 13. In the (probably outdated) ground charts, it should be 12 and 30 which are more aligned with the runway orientation. Anyway, ILS is for 12 (so I presume, now 13 - corresponding to the ATC and ground markings), and not 30 (or 31... isn't that confusing).

So those tower chaps might have switched it off :huh: TACAN is emitting.

Could be interesting to turn the wind around and see if that changes anything.

UPDATE - Indeed, did the landing training which is at Batumi, this time it was runway 13 and the ILS was received normally and working. So it's a feature :)

Isn't that strange for a runway to only have an ILS for one direction and not the other?

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

BTW, ground crew doesn't respond on the intercom, after landing. Is that normal? I hope those guys don't turn off with the wind ;)

The plane was on APRON 1.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Would that have an influence on the ILS emitting? Actually ATC gives runway 31, not 13. In the (probably outdated) ground charts, it should be 12 and 30 which are more aligned with the runway orientation. Anyway, ILS is for 12 (so I presume, now 13 - corresponding to the ATC and ground markings), and not 30 (or 31... isn't that confusing).

So those tower chaps might have switched it off :huh: TACAN is emitting.

Could be interesting to turn the wind around and see if that changes anything.

UPDATE - Indeed, did the landing training which is at Batumi, this time it was runway 13 and the ILS was received normally and working. So it's a feature :)

Isn't that strange for a runway to only have an ILS for one direction and not the other?

I think it's normal for them to de-activate the signals for inactive runways.

While on the 104th we land both directions and just use the left side, I think most real-world airports don't support landing from both directions simultaneously. =P

BTW, ground crew doesn't respond on the intercom, after landing. Is that normal? I hope those guys don't turn off with the wind ;)

The plane was on APRON 1.

somtimes you need to open the canopy in the a10c to get fuel or amunition. Engines can be running

One of the georgian airports also have 110.30 on rwy 13 mybe thats the problem with batumi.

SFMBE

I think it's normal for them to de-activate the signals for inactive runways.

While on the 104th we land both directions and just use the left side, I think most real-world airports don't support landing from both directions simultaneously. =P

Yeah, with those people driving on the wrong side of the road, you can never be too cautious :p

No, seriously it's not uncommon to see airports that use the same ILS for both runways (meaning runway both directions). Some only have one ILS and nothing in the other direction though I suspect it's rather to avoid having to duplicate the vertical approach frequency when one direction is rarely used.

Trying to get some info on the real Batumi, it seems to be faithful, though the tower frequency is 120 MHz, not 131 MHz, the layout is a bit different and so on (no big deal). Nice to see there's been some research behind all that, it adds some depth to it.

somtimes you need to open the canopy in the a10c to get fuel or amunition. Engines can be running

One of the georgian airports also have 110.30 on rwy 13 mybe thats the problem with batumi.

I tried but no luck. Maybe there's no ground support at Batumi, not sure whether it's possible to actually remove ground crew from an airport?

From DCS manual:

"Ground crew support at airbases

When positioned on a friendly airbase, the following ground support services are

available:

1. Aircraft repair 3 minutes after engine shut-down.

2. Refueling by ground personnel contacted through the intercom.

3. Rearming by ground personnel contacted through the intercom.

For more details on contacting ground personnel, see the Radio Communications section

in the Flight Manual."

One problem is that speaking in the intercom makes it switch automatically to VHF, no matter who you are speaking to. Using the other specific MIC commands (VHF1, VHF2, UHF transmit) avoid that, but it's not getting through to them either.

That's getting off-topic anyway.