Cool Russian video

Here's a video, with in it, lots of hardware, many of which is in lomac too. The things that catched my attention were:

-the amazingly fast barrel movements of the Shilka gun, it's twice as fast as in lomac (lower response time)

-Tunguska's missiles do hit low flying targets, and the missiles are smokeless after the boost stage burned out.

-the BMP autocannon (same as on our Sharky) seriousely owns, and is good for hole making (seen in night vision part)

-Those three S-400V missiles are even worse than they seem to be, they climb to 30 km, and then descent onto the target, hitting it from above.

-The Khrizantema looks slow, and spiralling missiles don't have such a large spin radius as the Vikhr in lomac (is to be changed in BS).

Here it is:

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

One of my dreams sn to get a BMP and drive around off road in it, upsetting the farmers etc, a dealer near my is selling a tired old saracen armoured car, but it isnt wuite the same... Nice vid.

Also look at 1:34 into the video. Those crazy ruskies... what do they expect to hit when they fire the main cannon while doing a "dukes of hazzard" style jump, surely cant be that accurate while flying...

Guest IguanaKing

Here's a BRDM-2 sitting outside US Army HQ 5th SOC. You can have it if you fix the left-front tire. ;)

brdm23eb.th.jpg

Here's a BRDM-2 sitting outside US Army HQ 5th SOC. You can have it if you fix the left-front tire. ;)

brdm23eb.th.jpg

How much to rent it? How much does the ammo cost (you know, to scare some birds away)? Where is the nearest bank (I need to get some money from the ATM)? :P

I've found two other vids, ones I haven't seen on patrick's site and such. One of them is on a Mi-26 (I think the one that had over 100 men on board, all of which died in teh crash, not sure this is the one though) in Chechnya being hit by a Strela, and autorotating (not the Mi-24 in the mountains one).

The other is from Iraq, where at least two warriors of Allah shoot down an Apache, and start with the cliche allahu akbar thingy.

Mi-26:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9vzrko7zMk

Apache:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot3VciUJ64g

EDIT: an interesting video of the IRIS-T missile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8wnb27z3vc

Guest IguanaKing

You can get money out of the ATM at the truckstop which is about 10 miles southeast of there.

I agree on the "allahu akhbar" thing. Can't they be more creative with their cheers? My bro gave me a headwrap he brought back from Iraq and was demonstrating how it was worn. "This is the way the average Iraqi wears it" (tying it around his head)"...and this is how the Hadjis wear it." He wrapped an end around his face and said "allahu akhbar". :lol:

You can get money out of the ATM at the truckstop which is about 10 miles southeast of there.

Will the BDRM-2 reach that on internal fuel, or do I have to rig some coke bottles filled with diesel, to make it that far? Imagine robbing a bank in that thing, you come over to the bank building, crash through the wall, point the gun at the counter, and start demanding your money through the comm system. Then the lady behind the not-in-this-case bullet proof glass says they don't even have a vault, and that everything is done electronically, and the only cash they have is in the ATM. <-- That's a Homer Simpson worthy situation to be in, I guess :P

I agree on the "allahu akhbar" thing. Can't they be more creative with their cheers? My bro gave me a headwrap he brought back from Iraq and was demonstrating how it was worn. "This is the way the average Iraqi wears it" (tying it around his head)"...and this is how the Hadjis wear it." He wrapped an end around his face and said "allahu akhbar". :lol:

The videos of those dudes running in traditional islamic robes, with ak-74s in their hands are funny, I mean, how can you be mobile in that, if you have, for instance, to cimb some ladder, or jump over a low fence when somebody with a uniform is chasing you. How on earth do they manage that? Also seen this video of some dude in Saudi Arabia, also, completely in islamic clothing, but, he had an ak-47 is his hands, and was running, and using it on the streets. He looked exactly like one of the the "l33t Krew" dudes from Counter Strike. Oh, his shootings ended when the police gunned him down.

Guest IguanaKing

They don't know how to shoot either. My brother's squad was attacked at least once a day, usually by a couple of guys (different each time of course) who would empty their entire magazines. One or two rounds per Hadji from their M-4s ended the "ambush" pretty quickly. The daily mortar and rocket attacks were even less effective. Others would just come out and throw rocks...nobody shot at them though, the Marines would just dodge the rocks and press on.

And here's a video of a Vikhr that does hit something from 3km away, and the spiralling isn't as dramatic as in lock on, and neither is the smoke, neither is the explosion, no hidden fuel basins to make fireballs.

Here's a cool Ka-50/52 movie with a Lordi -The devil is a loser cover \""/

One of my dreams sn to get a BMP and drive around off road in it, upsetting the farmers etc, a dealer near my is selling a tired old saracen armoured car, but it isnt wuite the same... Nice vid.

I nearly bought a Scorpion tank a few years ago ... @£10k and no more problems at the end of dual-carriage ways where traffic merges :)

Czech BTR-60s were also worth a look ... 8 wheel drive, but the drivers seat looked like a cheap plastic school chair - very uncomfortable!

When I was a kid I always imagined of stealing a police btr-?? that was sitting near a car repair shop not far from my home. When I grew old and stupid enough to actually try it (9 :D) they towed it away and I newer saw it againg :(

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

They don't know how to shoot either. My brother's squad was attacked at least once a day, usually by a couple of guys (different each time of course) who would empty their entire magazines. One or two rounds per Hadji from their M-4s ended the "ambush" pretty quickly. The daily mortar and rocket attacks were even less effective. Others would just come out and throw rocks...nobody shot at them though, the Marines would just dodge the rocks and press on.

Sounds about right.

Have just been reading a book (that I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone interested in this sort of thing) about PMC's (whether you choose to call them bodyguards, Private Military Contractors, mercenaries, or evil-babykilling-bloodthirsty-dogs-of-war) in Iraq, written by a former SAS soldier.

His general conclusion on the Iraqi insurgents:

"Brave as hell - but can't shoot for shit"

Book's called Highway To Hell - strongly recommend it.

Found this sweet video of Harrier fly-by - i'd piss all over myself :animals_rooster:

. . . . I love YouTube.

By following that link, you can find a whole three and a half minutes of Su34 footage - more than I've ever seen of that aircraft, all in one go.

Link here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWWPVjA3juQ&mode=related&search=

Guest IguanaKing
Sounds about right.

Have just been reading a book (that I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone interested in this sort of thing) about PMC's (whether you choose to call them bodyguards, Private Military Contractors, mercenaries, or evil-babykilling-bloodthirsty-dogs-of-war) in Iraq, written by a former SAS soldier.

His general conclusion on the Iraqi insurgents:

"Brave as hell - but can't shoot for shit"

Book's called Highway To Hell - strongly recommend it.

Heh...I'm getting an education in how PMCs operate these days. My brother is now employed by a British PMC in Afghanistan.

'Also look at 1:34 into the video. Those crazy ruskies... what do they expect to hit when they fire the main cannon while doing a "dukes of hazzard" style jump, surely cant be that accurate while flying...'

Don't know, but the barrel was well stabalised - while they were showing off the stabalisation by driving one tread up over a pile of dirt - looked like it stayed pointing at the same place to me..

Cheers.

Guest IguanaKing

Gyro stabilization of the barrel is something I always knew they could do. Being able to shoot on the move is definitely necessary to an AFVs survival on the battlefield. Granted, I'm not happy about it, but I also knew it was a very likely possibility in Russian armor.

My I once saw a US tank doing something simillar in a GM in-house promo video of one of their tanks made to show to the military (an M1A1? - who makes them?) - I was well impressed at the time, coming from a country that now has no tanks & has only just traded up to LAV-25s

Cheers.