Birdy's scenery file vs1.1 coming.......

Besides a bug fix (hundreds of trees rotated 180°), several eye candy can be expected. A preview:

A Su-34 under maintenance is about to receive a new ejection seat...

screenshot0088iw.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Birdy - just a question. How's this going to work with the Merzifon AB mod - or is it not even in the equation? I really would like to get the trees back - I have missed them since applying that mod. Maybe you could add some at Merzifon too - that would be nice - its kind of serile down there. An Army base - you're planning in advance for LOBS - aren't you - huh - tell the truth now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Merzifon is Alfa's work. I don't use it since it doesn't add an airbase but 'steals' one from the default lockon scene.

However Alfa , SwingKid and I are in close contact and they all have the 'source-code' of my scenery additions. They could easily add them to the scenery file that is used in the Merzifon mod.

As for the upcoming armybase: I just wanted to add something more then 'just' solving bugs. It will definitly make a nice target ;)

Besides the armybase I plan to add some 120 extra objects all placed on or around the 21 airfields. On request, the parked Tu-22 at Razdolnoye will be removed.

Another preview:

EMC-pods are unloaded from a truck next to a shelter at Krymsk AFB

screenshot_000_6162.jpg

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Thanks Birdy. What would be really nice is if ED would bring those two mods - Merzifon and your Scenery mod into LOBS - especially given the gound activity involved in helo ops and their other object (vehicle/ammo) graphic improvements - long overdue IMHO.

Love the screenshots. I don't remember seeing that crane before - or the ECM pods - how "do" you do that.........

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did see a bug yesterday while flying. I take off from Gelendizk heading 125 down the coast. And I saw a formation of trees hanging over the cliff. I'll see if it's still there if I fly today. Sorry that I didn't take a screenshot of it:doh:.

@Cali: my guess is the formation was rotated 180°. I'm surprised only two rotated foramtions were found since I stopped counting after 50 when studying the scenery file.

Post the long/lats so I can check if it is oke now.

@Oscar: The crane appears quite often in the scenery. The Pods etc only appear as weapon load out and are new to the scenery. Speaking of which here a new preview.

A truck with free-fall bombs is waiting for a A2G flight to return to Gudauta AFB.

screenshot0062jx.jpg

wow....how do u make the crane + ejection seat or other stuff.

how can u stack the bombs like that on the truck :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Merzifon is Alfa's work. I don't use it since it doesn't add an airbase but 'steals' one from the default lockon scene.

You can steal Rozdolnoye. I've heard there is no airfield anymore. I can't even find it on Google Earth.

Besides your work will significantly rise attractiveness of LO movies since You add non-standard objects. Nice job. Keep it up!

666th_birdy is very nice that you continue to improve the Lock On scenery but, I have some concerns that those cranes would worth the effort in the end.

Simple questions... What if you make that base with the crane lifting ECM pods to be in "red" side in one mission? What if is the thousand time you pass by it?

I think buildings and trees are the things we miss most and you did a realy good job on that. Objects like this would be neat if they would be moving or could be replaced at will.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Zaelu, a more 'alive' airfield is the reason I started the "trees-mod". Believe me, if I could bring stuff to life I would. It just isn't to be.

People just like to see new things from time to time but after a while the novelty wears off and no one notices those cranes you mention anymore. You could off course allways look the other way ;)

Anyway, two more shots:

screenshot0129hf.th.jpg screenshot0152cj.th.jpg

Some examples of additions in surrounding towns:

1. gelendzhik AFB (looking south)

2. Kerch AFB (looking north-east)

3. land slide in the canal seperating Ukrain and Russia (looking north)

screenshot0267bn.th.jpg screenshot0218qk.th.jpg screenshot0193ua.th.jpg

Lovely stuff Birdy, nice use of those little cranes - will really add some life to the airbases, but you'll have to help me it those last 3 screenies as I'm not familiar enough with those locations to actually figure out what you added :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

666th_birdy, about static life. I noticed that all the time when I take off from Khersones there is a small jeep circleing the airfield... So I am wondering is that a "trafic" object or an embeded in to the map looping ground moving object?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

666th_birdy, about static life. I noticed that all the time when I take off from Khersones there is a small jeep circleing the airfield... So I am wondering is that a "trafic" object or an embeded in to the map looping ground moving object?

those are 'random' mobiles and you get them by setting "civil traffic" to "yes" in the option menu.

:) I know about civil trafifc (I just name it traffic) but this is always the same jeep. Like the radars on the airfield... it looks embeded in the map. Maybe they are enabled by switching on the civilian traffic but I was wondering if they are not made with different means... (the jeep and the radar).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the question is, can you add more "traffic" is there something in the files that allows you to add more, just like the trees in medium vs high..?

How can I have more traffic in the cities/around airports :)

more trains/trucks, buses etc..

sig-YF19a.jpg

Zaelu - I know for sure that the moving trains that are generated by CIVILIAN TRAFFIC ON are not random, they always consist of the same number of wagons and always start in the same place at the same time in the mission and endlessly travel between two points (usually train stations).

Now I never actually checked the road traffic to the same degree but I always assumed it is programmed the same. So that would explain why you always see the same type of jeep moving along the same road at the same time.

I dont believe the radars on the airfields are handled in the same way as civilian traffic as they always seem to be there whether I have CIVILIAN TRAFFIC ON or OFF.

Neodark - I dont know of any way to increase the density of civilian traffic other than you use the Mission Editor to put in your own mix of moving vehicles and static objects.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....