Autopilot explanation (great video)

Thanks so much to the folks who posted this video on YouTube. I knew that I was spending quite a bit of time fighting the autopilot. It seemed counter intuitive to me and in fact it can be if you don't understand how it works.:megalol:

This video helped me to understand and hopefully others who don't quite know why their heli is sliding and slipping around sometimes.

Again....Thanks Teach Yourself DCS!

[ame]

[/ame]

Sorry if this vid has been posted at some point. It's worth posting again in my book. :smartass:

Has anyone done a tutorial on the "adjust autopilot" option and yet? Because all it seems good for so far is making me yell "Oh my god, stop helping me!" as I bobble around the sky.

I don't think it has been implemented yet mate. It has been developed though, someone correct me if I am wrong.

#CHOPPERLIVESMATTER

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone done a tutorial on the "adjust autopilot" option and yet? Because all it seems good for so far is making me yell "Oh my god, stop helping me!" as I bobble around the sky.

Here: Maybe this can help a little. I get where you are coming from. Lots of times, when I have to do evasive action or something, I feel the same way.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here: Maybe this can help a little. I get where you are coming from. Lots of times, when I have to do evasive action or something, I feel the same way.

I understand the standard autopilot functions of the MI-8, it's the new options that are giving me trouble. Even with my hands off the controls the cyclic and collective move around and makes the MI-8 wobble around the sky as the flight engineer fiddles with the trim. So far it seems like a completely useless option and I was wondering if I just don't know how to use it properly.

Pics of the new options:

http://savepic.ru/7080162.htm

http://savepic.ru/7105762.htm

I don't use the "autopilot adjustment" option under the special options menu, i think it interferes with my control input and makes flying harder. But i use the "adjust autopilot" funktion, after flying a while and carrying loads you can see the "bars" of the autopilot channels changed position from the neutral position, one click and the flight engineer readjusts the channels back to neutral so i dont need to put the cyclic into an uncomfortable position while flying.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings