Spring Tension Campaign... Mission one?

Hi I did post in another thread a while back and I have searched for a solution, but no luck anywhere......

Surely someone else has had this problem?

Despite all efforts and multiple attempts (15+) I can not complete mission one! I follow the copilots directions exactly, and he continues to prompt me as far as the second FARP (Gromi?) where he comments about there being a small garrison, but then no further instruction? Land at Gromi, no documents delivered; Fly north for the next outpost, no directions, nothing....

What is going on? I have heard such good things about the campaign, but I can't progress.

Anyone have any ideas?

As far as I remember (maybe I'm wrong), you don't have to land at the FARP, but close to some vehicles around a small structure somewhere south of Gromi (but really close). Try to fly low looking for some vehicles and try to land close to them. I hope it helps.

At the helipad with garnison size infantry, just continue on present heading. No need to land there. You have not reached your turning point/landing point by that time. The comments about garnison, is just for you to remember that land mark, later on during the campaign.That helipad is en route.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

You need to land at tshinkvali and then at a farm just west of the small outpost at way point 3 or 4, just before heading north. There you will unload supplies. After take off, turn north and follow the canyon and land at the northern outpost, way point 5. Unload eve'n more goods , then fly back to Base.

I've done the mission a couple of times myself to get it right

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Good advice from all many thanks!

I finally made it through the first mission. I can see now that I had been seriously underestimating the distances between waypoints. I blew my first attempt, I was so excited to find the farmstead, that I VRSed straight in! Luckily the soft river bank reduced the impact, so we were able to walk away from the wreckage :)

I have started to use the doppler navigation system now. The distance function really helps me to keep track of where I am and where to turn for next waypoint

you can also use the kneeboard and CTRL-K to get a mark on the kneeboard showing your location when you pressed the key. That way, you can adjust heading towards your next waypoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 4 months later...

I know this post is a few months old now but make sure you have a good look in the mission editor before entering the mission. You'll see all the way points there. I might be wrong but you can't see this by looking at F10 during the game. I just used my iphone to photograph the mission editor screen. I followed the geographical path and the triggers popped up and it was all good. Mission Success!

I know this post is a few months old now but make sure you have a good look in the mission editor before entering the mission. You'll see all the way points there. I might be wrong but you can't see this by looking at F10 during the game. I just used my iphone to photograph the mission editor screen. I followed the geographical path and the triggers popped up and it was all good. Mission Success!

Or you can use the Kneepad...

I think there was a printable map somewhere where you can draw in the waypoints of a particular mission and use the Navigation system to fly the route.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: