Ka-50 Fuel Meter Power is always on

enigma6584

Yeah. This behavior was introduced in one of the 1.2.x version some time ago. It generated a lot of complains but ED finaly replied that having this gauge on all the time was how it is supposed to work irl. Then, the last one or two patches for 1.2 brought back the "always on" fuel meter. I think it is still the cas for 2.0. I don't really like it since I love to see the two needles coming to life when I flip the fuel meter button. But if it is so irl, who am i to say so. I don't get then the reason for a fuel meter switch then.

Yeah. This behavior was introduced in one of the 1.2.x version some time ago. It generated a lot of complains but ED finaly replied that having this gauge on all the time was how it is supposed to work irl.

In the very few installations that I found IRL general aviation aircraft, a fuel meter switch provided a quick off-on check that the gauges had power or weren't stuck. But it wasn't commonly used in normal flight operations and generally left in the on position; perhaps because aircraft fuel meters (gauges) are historically unreliable. The only reliable fuel meter has always been a clock and knowledge of a particular a/c's fuel burn per hour.

fwiw...

Could be that it is normal, and fixed allready !!

The fuel gauges are AC instruments, and freeze in position when ac power is removed.

DC instruments behave differently and mostly fall back to zero when dc power is removed.

Rule of thumb for this is "AC lies, DC dies"

With the real F16, the fuel quantity indicator, behaves exactly as current version of Black Shark