Bugs and problems

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I will check if there aren't any ground units too close to the runway, but it never happened before so I think it is something that changed with one of the updates. I know it is a bit of an immersion killer, but fortunately should not affect the campaign.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello again. found another bug\immersion braker.

mission 20, i suppose, where we need to support attack to attack harbour.

UH-1 landed to base and damaged it's tail, so it could not take off again and i destroed it with GBU-12.

See screenshot - on TGP UH1 is damaged after first landing

967d6789ba.png

Update:

Campaigns

A-10C The Enemy Within Campaign - missions 7 and 17 corrected.

But what about Mission 9: The Falcons and the Hogs?

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

Maby i will try today again, and write what happened.

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

Maby i will try today again, and write what happened.

Hey oovaoosh,

I didn't touch it as it looks like a trigger bug that was introduced in the previous update and should be fixed in this. Having said that, yesterday I found a third trigger bug that may be affecting some of the missions, but likely not this one. I'd say there is 80% chance that the mission will now work as intended after yesterday's update.

Let me know if it doesn't, in any case it is out of my hands - I could try to find a workaround, but there is a risk that when the bug itself is fixed (and it is reported and acknowledged) the workaround will stop working and the mission will be broken again. So I'd rather wait for bug squashing team at ED to do their job!

Hi BD,

First up, thanks for the campaign, really enjoying it so far.

Couple of things I wanted to mention on Mission 3 - A Patrol Near the Border, in case they were not as intended.

The heli crew (UZI ?) that you need to support are missing voiceover's as are the mission debriefs. I should add, that I did tune my radio to the suggested frequency.

CLA at the heli location are all positioned in the trees, which is great as you need to bring the munitions down on the smoke. However, trees appear to shrug off any ordinance you drop on them so actually destroying anything is quite tricky. It took me 1 x GBU12, 1 x GBU 38, Rocket's and Gun's to finish them off. That said, it could be that I cant hit the broadside of a barn!

Edited by Sanatog

What is that las bug?

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

AI given a task that has a stopping condition will then ignore all the other advanced waypoint triggers, like 'orbit'. Pretty annoying ;)

Hi BD,

First up, thanks for the campaign, really enjoying it so far.

Couple of things I wanted to mention on Mission 3 - A Patrol Near the Border, in case they were not as intended.

The heli crew (UZI ?) that you need to support are missing voiceover's as are the mission debriefs. I should add, that I did tune my radio to the suggested frequency.

CLA at the heli location are all positioned in the trees, which is great as you need to bring the munitions down on the smoke. However, trees appear to shrug off any ordinance you drop on them so actually destroying anything is quite tricky. It took me 1 x GBU12, 1 x GBU 38, Rocket's and Gun's to finish them off. That said, it could be that I cant hit the broadside of a barn!

Hey! Thanks for the report. Are all the VOs from Uzi missing? If you are too far or there are mountains between you and Uzi, the radio transmission will be blocked and you won't hear a thing. I know it is kinda stupid question, but which VOs were missing? (or maybe not so stupid, as you can now - due to a bug in 2.5.1 - see subtitles of transmissions on frequencies that you are not tuned into).

As for the trees, I haven't noticed any problems, mind you the CLA guys are quite spread in the area. And of course they are hiding among the trees on purpose! Let Pontiac do their job, they are pretty good with their rockets and guns!

I was able to communicate with the other elements okay, it was only UZI I couldn’t hear., which makes me think the radio was tuned in okay.

Interesting that you mention a bug around subtitles. I actually received all the UZI comms shortly after receiving the bullseye coordinates, including their LL location, all that happened long before I reached their actual position.

Hey oovaoosh,

I didn't touch it as it looks like a trigger bug that was introduced in the previous update and should be fixed in this. Having said that, yesterday I found a third trigger bug that may be affecting some of the missions, but likely not this one. I'd say there is 80% chance that the mission will now work as intended after yesterday's update.

Let me know if it doesn't, in any case it is out of my hands - I could try to find a workaround, but there is a risk that when the bug itself is fixed (and it is reported and acknowledged) the workaround will stop working and the mission will be broken again. So I'd rather wait for bug squashing team at ED to do their job!

All works fine, tnx :thumbup:

N2dPqHP.jpg

Edited by oovaoosh

• 1 month later...

Anyone having issues with Wingmans communications? Im now onto Mission 8 - A calm before the storm, and im unable to communicate with my wingman, who should be on 33 FM.

I recall having a similar issue on a Mission 6 - Hammerfall 2, on that one I could only get them to do anything using the forced keyboard shortcuts, but those commands are pretty limited in scope.

It only appears to be an issue when they are not on the usual 251 UHF channel. And you can get them to respond if you delete the Set Frequency Command in the mission editor - but i dont know if this would break something later in the mission.

Edited by Sanatog

Thanks! I will get back to you. It is possible that something is wrong with setting up the FM radio, which would be a pity, as it would be an realistic option for in-flight comms.

Or I might have silenced the wingman at some point not to disrupt the scripted comms and have forgotten to un-silence him.

Hey, just checked and works fine on my end. Was the problem there during the entire flight or only at some point? Also - I know I shouldn't ask, but I will - are you sure you press the radio button AFT and communicate on FM frequency (which is correctly set)? :)

That's very odd then, it must be something to do with Vaicom pro and the change from regular UHF radio to the custom FM frequency.

Based on what you are seeing it must be trying to broadcast on the UHF radio rather than FM. FYI I use a single PTT button with Vaicom and it automatically switches to the required radio based on the recipient.

I will give it a try by manually triggering the FM radio.

Thanks for having a look.

Hey,

You are quiet right it does indeed work correctly. There is must indeed be an issue with Vaicom and custom wingman radios. I will menition it on the forum, and use the manual trigger for these mission.

Thanks for checking.

Hey,

You are quiet right it does indeed work correctly. There is must indeed be an issue with Vaicom and custom wingman radios. I will menition it on the forum, and use the manual trigger for these mission.

Thanks for checking.

Thanks for letting me know! Enjoy the rest!

• 1 month later...

Hi Baltic,

I'm trying to finish Operation Hammerfall part 3, and When i get to the target, JTAC won't trigger. I have 30 FM tuned, I get the wingman and overlord banter closing on the IP, but I can't contact JTAC. There is no option in the coms menu. There is no F10 option on this mission as well. any ideas?

Rayban

-Raybanman "Slim"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BD,

There appears to be some issues with Mission 19 Masda.

The first time i flew this the unknown UH-1H crashes on landing, and the mission stopped triggering.

I noticed something similar earlier in this thread so I manged to fix this by adjust the landing position in the editor and the mission started playing you fine.

However, once the call comes in from Banshee that the compound is clear and the ground forces (DEER) move in nothing else ever triggers.