ECM help request

pepto

• 2 months later...
something to try...put F-15/ MiG 29/ Su 27 in front of it and turn on jammer, and report burn through range.

F-15 at 25.000ft co alt starts flinging missiles at you at 12NM. At which point, the Mirage does not pick up the F-15 if he has its jammers on. I know this because Me and 2 friends have been trying to devise tactics to successfully engage F-15's over open ground (rather then relying on the mountains to get close)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good question!

Did anyone have video how ECM is working in M2k? I see when it's operating, anyone can lock me without any issue. And in the same case, how good it is against SAMs?

ECM works by hitting the jammer button on the HOTAS. Once operational, enemy planes will be jammed and can still lock you in STT mode, but can't use TWS mode and won't get range information until they get close enough to burn through. Missiles can typically still be fired at you but without range information they will fly a pure pursuit course, greatly reducing missile range and effectiveness. It should reduce the effective range of all radar guided SAMs.

Using the jammer also lights up everybody's radar from very far away when when you might be otherwise invisible (i.e. low or notching), so only use it when you are sure they already see you.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Its a pity ecm implementation is so simplified and standard across all the modules, and you dont have any specific functionality across modules. I remember that i read in a specialized air combat magazine that for Red Flag 20something the french mirage 2000s were carrying their new ECM pods and everybody was impressed by it, since it was easily breaking lock of even F15C, which is quite an achievement compares to other fighter of the time, thus denying shot solutions until very very close. Things like this could be somehow simulated. EW is such an interesting world for which we have nothing, all is always classified for obvious reasons.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

As far as I know, and contrary to sole export customers, French Mirage 2000 don't use external pod but rely on internal jammer.

Mirage 2000C/ -5 => Sabre

Mirage 2000N/ D => Cameleon

But yes, a Mirage 2000N/ D on the deck near 600kt with ECM isn't easy to catch :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi