Can't save my module key settings?

I have just tried setting up the mirage controls in dcs 2.0, but when I try to save it as mirage.diff.lua it doesn't save. I clicked on the load profile tab to see if it had saved, but I don't see it. Setting this up has just taken me over an hour and now I have lost all the setting. I have no way of getting them back unless I do it all over again. Why won't this save so it's easy to get back instead of having to redo this all over again?

Not sure I am understanding, you go in and set up your control bindings for a module, click OK, and it is saved automatically.

Only reason one would click "save as" would be to save a copy of the input file externally to another location. Same with the load command, to load a profile that was saved externally.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not sure I am understanding, you go in and set up your control bindings for a module, click OK, and it is saved automatically.

Only reason one would click "save as" would be to save a copy of the input file externally to another location. Same with the load command, to load a profile that was saved externally.

I'm using "save as" to save these setting, because I figured if anything went wrong with my settings I would have a backup.

I'm using "save as" to save these setting, because I figured if anything went wrong with my settings I would have a backup.

There is a little bit more to it. When you set up your bindings, do you click on or highlight at least one square in the column you are binding keys to and then hit "save as" in order to save the profile?

There are specifically three different profiles you should have when you do this. One column (profile) is for rudder pedals. Another column (profile) is for your throttle and yet another column (profile) is for your joystick. So in effect, you will have to "save as" three times for the three different columns (profiles).

What I think you are doing from the little amount of detail you give us is you are binding your keys then hitting the "save as" button without highlighting one specific column and naming it as a profile. That is why you are not seeing anything saved.

• 2 weeks later...

Managing control profiles in DCS is a huge PITA!

Separate Joystick, Throttle, Rudder, MFD1, and MFD2 profile files for EACH aircraft!

AAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGG!

I like the ability to map/bind each button to a unique function in each aircraft.

However, there really needs to be a way to save ALL of your bindings in one place.

There also needs to be a way to save a bindings across multiple aircraft. For example, I want my HOTAS Speed Brake switch mapped to the speed brake on EVERY aircraft that has a speed brake.

• Like 1

Happy flying!

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING | CORE I7 6700K 4.2GHZ | 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ | GEFORCE GTX980Ti 6GB | SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 512 GB + MICRON M600 1TB SSD + WD 3TB HD | WIN 10 64BIT

• 1 month later...
There is a little bit more to it. When you set up your bindings, do you click on or highlight at least one square in the column you are binding keys to and then hit "save as" in order to save the profile?

There are specifically three different profiles you should have when you do this. One column (profile) is for rudder pedals. Another column (profile) is for your throttle and yet another column (profile) is for your joystick. So in effect, you will have to "save as" three times for the three different columns (profiles).

What I think you are doing from the little amount of detail you give us is you are binding your keys then hitting the "save as" button without highlighting one specific column and naming it as a profile. That is why you are not seeing anything saved.

I just got going again with DCS and 2.1. Last flew in 1.2!

What I am doing, after reinstalling my modules, is to use "save as" after entering a key bind.

However I have found that if you highlight the column, but save as (for example F86 Sabre) that key bind is saved. If I move to another column, say throttle and enter a new key bind and "save as" F86 Sabre, that column is saved under F86 Sabre. There is no need to save separate "save as" profiles for separate columns (controllers), all controllers get saved into one profile.

I am using the X55 Saitek. So I have three columns (controllers). Throttle, stick and rudders. All get saved as F86 Sabre. The three columns saved under one title. But I highlight each key bind before saving as F86 Sabre. All three controllers saved as one file F86 Sabre.:thumbup:

I can load F86 Sabre and I get all three controllers (columns) loading correctly, from one file, namely, "F86 Sabre".

Hope this makes sense and helps out a bit. Of course its early days yet after my lay off and new install. But so far this method has worked with three aircraft....including the Hog!

Cheers

David

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 7 years later...

Yes but as I understand we need to save a new profile as the name of the module separately and use the profile for the specific module to be flown. 

for example I own the F-15 F-16 and Mi8. For each of these I need to have a separate profile - Is that right?

George

DCS Profile.png