Mig-21 landing gear weak

Flanker_27

I watch many Mig-21 landing video and some was very hard, sometime the plane bouncing after landing, but the gear dont break.

I foud a video from landing stunts, where pilot first open drag chute and after landing, this make very hard landing and i think in the simulator landing gear not enough strong to do this.

I think the landing gear must be stronger to do.

${1}

Well, it could be investigated, however I also fell that Mig-21 gear is weak. I have no issue with any plane, in every simulator. Mig-21 is the plane i flew the most in 2015, I still have issue with it.

However, Leatherneck can't obviously rely on simple feeling, unless we show up with true charts, they isn't much they can do. Let's start reviewing gear damage cause.

I don't think the landing-gear is weak. It just takes more practice and precision to land the plane without any damage. I watched the video above and I think the airplane is not meant to crash into the runway that hard on the second and third landing. Defenitly needed an inspection after that. Wear and tear is simulated on at least the MiG-21. But if you hit 'refly', you get a new 100% structural safe airplane. So in DCS, this doesn't really matter.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: