Missile Model Settings

JazonXD

Hi everyone, I would like to know what setting(s) affect the model of the missiles? On the lowest settings so far right now except for textures set to high, the models of the AIM-120s are square. The resolution of this computer is 1366x768 and it's the resolution that DCS set to.

EDIT: I should also mention that this seems to only happen with the 120s and 7s. Sideys don't seem to be affected, their model is still proper, although I haven't checked any of the Russian missiles yet. This is my friend's laptop so I have somewhat limited access to it.

Screen_160120_080821.thumb.jpg.6e75ea67ed610acbb89a291dbc5ffc35.jpg

Screen_160120_080817.thumb.jpg.22d944a122bdae32727fbbc4c31516a3.jpg

Edited by JazonXD

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Hello? Anyone here that can help? This is on my friend's laptop which has prety low-end specs, but it is enough to run DCS at all low settings and around 30 to 50 fps. Processor is i5 5200U and 8GB of RAM. (Intel HD 5500 iGPU). Does the specs directly relate to the missile model being screwed up like that? I thought that there was going to be a "Model Details" type of setting but all there is are texture details and terrain textures. Thanks.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

I believe LOD's are part of the visibility setting. Try changing that to a higher value and give it a shot.

If not, try a repair in DCS

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

This is what happens when you run everything on Low.

The game uses Lower LODs w/ less polygons.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thank you guys! What setting for the visibility do you guys recommend that would let me have proper missile model but also not impact performance too heavily?

If I whack the "High" pre-defined, then crank everything down to match e.g., the "Low" settings, I have "proper looking" 120s

Interesting... looks like the presents change something that you can't change with the GUI...

Sorry man, I did some more testin' and I'm full of it (again :()

luckybob9 and Frostie are right - have "VISIB RANGE" on at least "Medium"

ahh, it's okay. Thanks for the info, all :)