Can no longer enter DCS FC3 planes

Aethyrion

Since the last DCS update (Steam version) I can no longer fly FC3 planes like F15C and Su-27. The module appears to be active/valid on the DCS home page (1.5.2 version is displayed). Steam shows that I own the DLC. But when I launch a mission, the map is displayed instead of the cockpit. I can view other planes with F2, but can't jump in player plane (F1 or RAlt+J) which doesn't seem to be present in the battlefield anyway.

I have already tried to force activate FC3 module (fc3_protect.exe) without success. Planes from other DLCs are still working.

Can anyone help me ?

Edited by Aethyrion

Yep, sounds like it's time for a full DCS re-installation. From the invalid module error message the problem is likely either to be a windows registry corruption or some sort of module unlocking issue.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Hello, I have the same problem. It only happened with Flaming Cliffs 3 related aircraft. I also owned A-10C, and the module works just fine.

I've tried everything from reinstalling DCS, removing registry and saved games folder, re-activate the FC3 module, but nothing seem to fix this issue. I've also open a ticket, but without any solution yet. How's your ticket goes? Did they give you a fix yet?

Thanks

Hi, I'm been help by an helpful support guy but issue not fixed so far.

What I have tried since my last post :

- replaced Flaming Cliffs\bin with "working" files,

- deactivated FC in admin mode (fc3_protect.exe), launched the game as admin, prompted to activate FC back again.

Curiously in the same mission, I can enter other aircrafts (such as A-10C for example) but when I try to enter an F-15C (R-Alt + J) the plane behaviour is altered for a fraction of second (as if I'd managed to take control of if) but it quickly returns back to its previous course.

My guess is that there is a bug with the last Steam version. Maybe the game is now looking for modules named after aircraft rather than module named "Flaming Cliff" ? It would be interesting to hear if other users are still able to use FC3 planes with Steam version.

• 10 months later...
  • ED Team

I wasn't even aware it is not working?

if you have the steam version please try them again and then add you logs here, I would be happy to take a look into it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have the same exact issue as well. Everyhting you have described is exactly my issue. The only difference is that I am not using any steam editions. I am going to do a clean install and see if that does it. Although, after hearing what Aethyrion has already tried, and with no result, I am worried I may run into the same problem!

Sometimes a clean installation of Windows is the only way to go!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...