X52 pro...is it "that" bad today???

the sliders and all potentiometers (rotaries) can be cleaned with a fast end to end fast movement.

Also many problems are do to usb power.

Try to use a usb powered hub that use decent cables,

route the usb cables so don't end up crating a tesla coil around ups/power cables´

early x52 great

early x52 pro great

happy 6 months of use on any madtcaz device.....

What will be easy if they use 0,99$ pot instead 0,09$ one in this axis... :)

thats the thing, I would pay 20 or 30 $ more for the joy but with a properly working potentiometers...what a pity.

the sliders and all potentiometers (rotaries) can be cleaned with a fast end to end fast movement.

Also many problems are do to usb power.

Try to use a usb powered hub that use decent cables,

route the usb cables so don't end up crating a tesla coil around ups/power cables´

early x52 great

early x52 pro great

happy 6 months of use on any madtcaz device.....

I dont have any USB hub but I have read lots of people with it and seems like rotaries/slider is always jittery no matter where or how you connect it...also I will have present what you told me about the way wires are set, but right now I have them deployed in all lenght and still having jitter problems...

Also tried moving very fast several times the slider to see if it improves but meh!, maybe a little bit but still jittery...

I wish I could have one of those "old" units with better quality :cry:...I guess rotaries and slider work well on those right??

About the happy 6 months...well now you are scaring me mate!!:cry:

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

thats the thing, I would pay 20 or 30 $ more for the joy but with a properly working potentiometers...what a pity.

I dont have any USB hub but I have read lots of people with it and seems like rotaries/slider is always jittery no matter where or how you connect it...also I will have present what you told me about the way wires are set, but right now I have them deployed in all lenght and still having jitter problems...

Also tried moving very fast several times the slider to see if it improves but meh!, maybe a little bit but still jittery...

I wish I could have one of those "old" units with better quality :cry:...I guess rotaries and slider work well on those right??

About the happy 6 months...well now you are scaring me mate!!:cry:

[ame]

[/ame]

Supposed the manufacturer have better profit using 0,09 pot than using 0,99 ones... :music_whistling:

When the warranty expire you can replace the pot with contactless sensors, e.g. ones sold be GVL224 ~10$.

If you plan to use the slider as zoom like me then this setting will get rid of the jitter but will limit the zoom to 5 stages but it works better than the "shaking" you sometimes get from the slider. It has worked flawlessly for me for many years :thumbup:

Try it out:

picture.php?albumid=717&pictureid=7638

thanks dude!!I will try it!!:thumbup:

Btw...is it possible to have the joy "installed" in more than 1 USB port???...I would like to try it in different ports and see how it works...right now if I plug it in other USB system tells me that drivers are missing, which is a non sense at they are installed...as I said, I knew that by plugging the joy in a different port you lose your config but not that it just wont work at all...

As noted earlier it is important to have a USB2 port and Legacy USB support enabled in bios. Driver must be installed in "Administrator" mode.

I have USB 3.0 and 2.0. Right now I have the joy plugged in USB 2.0 and works perfectly fine so I dont think I need to change anything in the Bios right??...I installed drivers as admin also and they are correctly installed...the "problem"? is that if I plug the joy in other USB 2.0 port, it doesnt work :huh:...very weird...