Debolestis Shapeways shop

Question on the cms, if I were to put a 4 way switch to your PCB and wanted to connect that 4 way to the CMS where on the PCB is H4 UDLR?

16_bit_sr_zps8hctbylr.thumb.png.88e643d38a18b0f676d34ac5eecbc333.png

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

In this case it is not possible to connect h4, pads below H1 are for H2 or H3, I need to check that. For H4 you need 3 chip shift register and one that I have on OSH park will not fit. Maybe you can find old FLCS or Cougar shift register, they are smaller and they coul probably fit inside grip.

I'll make new vetsions of my sift registers for SMD components that will be smaller, but it will take some time.

Do you mind highlighting then on that board where i can add an extra 3 or 4 button presses? Or is the board full as is? Sorry for the noobish questions this is my first dabble into modding and electronics so I'm trying to absorb as much as possible

Next on the adapters list once the B8 is finished will you be making something to adapt the suncom stick?

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Do you mind highlighting then on that board where i can add an extra 3 or 4 button presses? Or is the board full as is? Sorry for the noobish questions this is my first dabble into modding and electronics so I'm trying to absorb as much as possible

Next on the adapters list once the B8 is finished will you be making something to adapt the suncom stick?

There is possibility of adding 6 more switches.

- Pink rectangle is H2 or H3 I am not sure.

- Yellow rectangle is S1 and S4.

You don't have to solder R1, 10K resistor on PCB, It is not necessary in this setup. It is used when SR are daisy-chained. You can also skip capacitor C1, it is not necessary.

auKHhgP.png

There is tailpiece in my Shapeways store for Suncom grips.

A member of this forum Sergey_Pe made a PCB for Suncom grips but it is for SMD components and it is not something that I'd recommend for beginner to solder. He said that he'll try to make a new version with bigger, through hole components. Maybe you know somebody who can do this for you. He also shared his work.

Edited by debolestis

- Pink rectangle is H2 or H3 I am not sure.

16_bit_2_zps6dvse4nr.png

So, using only a board with only one CD4021 will be wired HAT1 and HAT2 (or 3) for Warthog?

For TARGET programming maybe this can be issue if trigger is not assigned to TG1.... ?

But for map buttons direct in games GUI not, there don't matter if trigger is button TG1 or HAT2 down, bullets will fly in any way. :D

Case any want the F-5 3 way Radar switch for B-8 grip, their shape is similar (if not the same) to this one in Essex Bradley fire control:

B8_3way.png

For Top Gun the space available on "shoulder" fit a 14 mm length switch.

I can make this knob, only question is for which switch. I can make it compatible with 4way switches, or maybe with certain type of toggle switch. What would be best solution?

If you use shift register with one chip, than left chip is active. In that case you can use only 6 buttons for Cougar and 7 for Warthog base. There are 8 switches in B8 grip, so 2 chip sr is necessary.

I mean if used the PCB with only one CD4021.

In this case is not available 8 buttons?

Or the issue is with Tm firmware?

I can make this knob, only question is for which switch. I can make it compatible with 4way switches, or maybe with certain type of toggle switch. What would be best solution?

I think the solution is ALPS 5 way switch using only 3 positions to replicate F-5 Radar switch operation:

MON front, MON aft, MON press.

I don't see a toggle switch with center press function, at least in electronic stores.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Let us know which common 4 way you are thinking about using?

I just saw I made mistake. If shift register with one chip is used than RIGHT chip is active. Just like in picture above, simply ignore left chip. TM firmware doesn't see 2 positions in cas of Cougar and one position in case of Warthog. Third pad from top is unusable, and Cougar doesn't see H4P.

Elmo, I have 4way switches and knobs in my store, knobs are compatible with TM.

Edited by debolestis

I just saw I made mistake. If shift register with one chip is used than RIGHT chip is active. Just like in picture above, simply ignore left chip. TM firmware doesn't see 2 positions in cas of Cougar and one position in case of Warthog. Third pad from top is unusable, and Cougar doesn't see H4P.

Elmo, I have 4way switches and knobs in my store, knobs are compatible with TM.

In the shape ways shop? I saw the mounting bracket bit not a physical switch. Quick link?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I ordered your Paddle switch for the FLCS and everything is working fine, but I did need to file down an area to make it fit in the grip. I can't exactly measure how much I filed off, but I did use a sharpie to mark the area I filed on the original paddle (as your paddle is currently installed on the stick)

It took only a small bit of filing, must have been just a hair too thick.

20161118_150839.thumb.jpg.f46b3dfaef1fb84356c59c08c6cd3f1f.jpg

20161118_150849.thumb.jpg.7df4973b224aba7c8b90e7ab9373ab43.jpg

20161118_150904.thumb.jpg.dbaba091e0e6d86ba9941ee3c2991cb8.jpg

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

SP3T or SPDT?

Also here look at the T2 - Large Trim 2-Way Pushbutton pdf at model T2-0047

too bad they dont ship to Canada or out of the united states.

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

In the shape ways shop? I saw the mounting bracket bit not a physical switch. Quick link?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have 3 versions of switches. You have to buy knob separately. Of course you have to install tactile switches inside. Maybe this PCB will help, I just made it few days ago.

Switches are HERE, HERE and HERE.

Switches are compatible with TM 4way switches.

I ordered your Paddle switch for the FLCS and everything is working fine, but I did need to file down an area to make it fit in the grip. I can't exactly measure how much I filed off, but I did use a sharpie to mark the area I filed on the original paddle (as your paddle is currently installed on the stick)

It took only a small bit of filing, must have been just a hair too thick.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll rework the model. I think I need better caliper. The one I have is 2000 years old and 0,1mm makes huge difference.

Debolestis,

For example this HAT base, what model of tactile micro-switch can be used?

http://www.shapeways.com/product/G8ANJSVQR/hat-wide-2?optionId=61170857

Will help people if you add this in piece description.

I used switches that I removed from old FLCS. It is probably "standard" tactile switch. I need to check which type it is.