F-16 A, B, C, MLU

Frank00

Yess, MEMORIES..! I was here in Kyrgyzstan in 2003

Airbase Manas (Ganci Air Base, Home of the 376th Air Expeditionary Wing)

as a Life support sergeant, for the Dutch and Danish F-16's

Thanks for sharing and for your service. Would you mind telling the guys what is "life support"?

As a crew chief, I had little interaction with you guys. You guys maintain the pilots gear, is that correct?

WxgZdfQo968

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

VseTWC_jSE0

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

DSKe1KgOzr8

To whom it may concern,

Moved to Military Section since contents is all Real Life Videos etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

To whom it may concern,

kpv9EzqaXCY

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

Good friend of mine now the flight lead for the Patriots Jet Team, Dean "Wilbur" Wright. :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Good friend of mine now the flight lead for the Patriots Jet Team, Dean "Wilbur" Wright. :)

Did he finally learn how to stow away his equipment before flight?

To whom it may concern,

At Luke AFB Air show April 2 2016

0402161003.thumb.jpg.e7ba21c7fd763a067e63a4a71217435f.jpg

0402161004.thumb.jpg.31843653d98e37fe2c27f9fd544d16e8.jpg

0402161004b.thumb.jpg.ad3e5890a91d836a744238b4a248aa09.jpg

0402161004a.thumb.jpg.04456370ec29bc2e115ee4fd1e739542.jpg

0402161006.thumb.jpg.1ce823aa0e33342503aa818280578cc7.jpg

0402161008.thumb.jpg.ac58848b9902b0a6e2784483f90b4c34.jpg

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

click on image to enlarge

140322-F-BS505-110.JPG

8th Maintenance Squadron Crash Damage Disable Aircraft Recovery team

Airmen from the 8th Maintenance Squadron guide a damaged F-16 onto a flatbed truck at Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea, Mar. 22, 2014. The crash recovery team chiefs were recertified and trained on damaged aircraft equipment for disposal. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Clayton Lenhardt/Released)

Edited by mvsgas
dead link

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

eL4p3ahbeDQ

a-wazTyhFJc

To whom it may concern,

OMAkciwiPL0

To whom it may concern,

Well the F-16A Block 20 is fully Aim-120 capable =P

and its not really a early variant ^^.

IIRC The Block 20 is more comparable to the Block 50 when it comes to systems and weapons capabilities.

For a F-16A that is Aim-7 capable but not Aim-120 capable i think you would be limited to the F-16A Block 15 ADF.

But for my mind i would be happy with either a F-16A or F-16C.

With a F-16A being either a Block 10, Block 15 (more common) or a block 15OCU if you wanted the most capable F-16A with the old school cockpit.

And for a F-16C (or a late F-16) any block Between 25-52 would be ok but my prefered would probably be 30-42.

Or a F-16AM Block 20 MLU (that is mostly comparable to a F-16C block 50/52)

For me the dream would be 2 F-16s.

One earlier F-16A (Block 15 probably)

and one later F-16C/AM (F-16C Block 30-50 or F-16AM Block 20 MLU)

The Block 20 was used by the Republic of China and the ANG, so that is good enough for me. But I'd also consider a Block 15 OCU. If I recall, those had some other upgrades?

The Block 20 was used by the Republic of China and the ANG, so that is good enough for me. But I'd also consider a Block 15 OCU. If I recall, those had some other upgrades?

the Block 15 had the old style cockpit but with the abillity to use Aim-120s AGM-65 and some other stuff.

And did the ANG use the Block 20? =P.

Edited by mattebubben

AFAIK, Block 20 are/where use by ROC, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Chile, Jordan, Portugal, Pakistan, Norway.

The only USAF ANG unit to use the block 20 ( that I know of) was the 162FW in Tucson ANG since they conducted training for the RNIAF and those block 20 belong to the RNIAF. This unit has also trained on the block 32, 52, 52+ and block 60. I think the 178 FW might have have the block 20 as well from RNIAF.

An I think there are good enough for me to.

Many (but not all) block 15 OCU have been updated to block 20. Some OCU block 15 where updated from early blocks, some built to that standard. Initially block 15 with OCU did not have AIM-120 capability, this was later added once AIM-120 software was finalize (same for many block including but not limited to block 25 to 42) It seems that every block 20 update is different in some way or another, like many upgrades before and after. It depends on the individual aircraft, how many flight hours it had, specific country and what updates they wanted on that particular airframe, what updates where available at the time, etc. A lot of this updates are done when the aircraft are schedule for heavy maintenance, so some receive many updates at once but not others.

A specific aircraft might get MLU, OCU, block 20, OFP #, falcon star/up, SLEP, SLIP, AMSTEL, Pacer Loft/Smoke/Bond/Wing/century/spark/tail/mud, ICSS etc. ( to name a few available at different times) at the same scheduled maintenance or over several. Some require depot level maintenance some can be done at assigned bases.

Edit

about block 15 OCU and AIM-120

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14355

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

YL-aQSW58rE

To whom it may concern,

To whom it may concern,

It would have been so much better with good music; Sepultura or Slayer...oh well.

The description says the video is from Kunsan AB ROK, but the HUD video show coordinates close to Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina. The dogfight part of the video show one of the old gun sight, Snap Shot and LCOS (SSLC) or SNAP. The last part of the video is definitely Korea.

Note, this show the old gun symbology (Lead Computing Optical Sight or LCOS) which is no longer the standard. Some F-16 don't even have the option to switch from the new to the old. The new standards is the Enhanced Envelope Gun Sight (EEGS)

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1527&sid=e53ef80386f9453d71ebfdad6f9b596d&start=0

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

5F-I08xLWqM

To whom it may concern,

1898639190_F-16tailhook.thumb.JPG.c87577252132b6f7493953517fbdc588.JPG

To whom it may concern,