Slaving Mavs to TGM

SnP102

Hello All,

I have Googled the directions on slaving the Mav missiles to the TGM. I am still a bit confused because it seems that many of the directions are centered around the Warthog joystick (which I have not quite mustered the strength to purchase a $300 joystick).

I found these directions:

TGP to left MFCD, Mav to right MFCD

TGP as SOI, TMS up short to put the TGP in Point mode

Slew the TGP over a bad guy

TMS up long to set bad guy as SPI

Coolie hat right long to set Mav as SOI

China hat forward long to slew mav seeker head to SPI

TMS up short to attempt a mav lock

Weapon release button "Rifle!"

It's rather easy once you get the hang of it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/61010/discussions/0/846955554685796043/

So I go here for keyboard bindings:

[ame]http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/w/images/2/21/Dcsa10c-keybindings.pdf[/ame]

And I see that TMS forward is C-Up. Is that Control - up? The letter C - up...? I have tried both and I do not see a difference in the MFCD's in the cockpit.

Let's assume I have a simple joystick, how do I slave the Maverick missiles to the TGP using key board commands? How do I know the task has been completed?

You missed the Modifier Notation in the upper left side. "C-" is Left Control.

So it should be Left Control and Up arrow.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Those instructions are missing one command and using slightly incorrect terminology. By "TMS up" he or she actually means TMS Forward. Not a terrible mistake but enough to be a minor point of confusion for new players when comparing it to the keybinding sheet.

And to make matters worse, your keybindings sheet isn't very clear. By "C-Up" it actually means "LCtrl - Up"

Use the A-10C reference sheet from this thread instead: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=111745

The step the instructions are missing is what you need to press to make your left MFCD SOI, which is Coolie Switch Left Long (H).

Try again with that step and see if it works for you.

This step is not quite self explanatory:

TMS up long to set bad guy as SPI

Yes and no. More precisely, it's "Set SOI as SPI generator" (in the above example: "Set TGP as SPI generator").

The fine difference is that the SPI is generated continuously by the SOI. It won't always be on the bad guy, it'll be where the SOI looks. With TGP as SPI generator, if you "lock" the bad guy with the TGP in point track mode, then slew the TGP away, or if TGP breaks lock because it reaches its gimbal limits, your SPI will be wherever the TGP looks.

The SPI generator is always given in the lower left corner of the HUD and defaults to "STPT" (Steerpoint), so be sure to check this information whenever you change the SPI generator.

The many virtual bombs I've accidentally dropped on Steerpoints, more often than not friendly positions, are a testament to the importance of the SPI generator. :music_whistling: :D

And to make matters worse, your keybindings sheet isn't very clear. By "C-Up" it actually means "LCtrl - Up"

On the contrary, the nomenclature used for modifier keys is very clearly defined in the first section of the chart.

dcs_sig.jpg