What is the white extremely high viscosity paste in throttles??

Hi guys...after weeks of testing with lots of kinds of lubes for my x52 pro it seems like NOTHING works!!...tried with molibdemo grease, silicone based lube, white sintetic grease with ptfe, even chap stick (which incredibly is the only thing that really works but sadly, it becomes too sticky after a few minutes of use)...except chap stick, every single lube I used just get wiped from the shaft due to the very high friction between both, the shaft and the circular "ufo" like piece...

After removing the detent from the throttle, I remembered that maybe that white and extremely viscous substance (quite similar to chap stick once applied in tiny amounts) could do the trick and....WOWWWWW!!! Just with a little bit the stick just become a butter smooth dream!!! Its like the chap stick but not getting sticky with the use...sadly the quantity is too low and with the time I might need more so...

I have no idea what this substance is EXACTLY!...I want to buy it but I have realized its not a simple "grease"...its WAY more thick, incredible sticky to the metal/plastic (adherence) which avoid getting wiped from the frictioned surface even at extreme frictions and it offers a kind of "resistence" to the movement due to the very high viscosity...also seem extremely durable as throttle must be smooth and offer resistence in very long sesions during lots of years...

So, the question is...what is this grease/paste/substance and where can I find it????

• Like 1

Take a look at my MODS here

I'm not certain as I've never owned an x52 but what you're describing sounds like white lithium grease. You'll likely find it in online Rc model shops as it's also used in plastic geared servos.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I think that class of grease is called damping grease. I bought a tube of Nyogel 767A and my Warthog stick stiction problem went away instantly. I haven't had to reapply anything for years. It's still super smooth and there is a slight 'hydraulic' feel to it. Love it. I even use it on my Cougar throttle with the same fantastic result.

I'm not certain as I've never owned an x52 but what you're describing sounds like white lithium grease. You'll likely find it in online Rc model shops as it's also used in plastic geared servos.

Nope, Saitek doesn't use white lithium grease on their throttles from what I remembered. The x52 has the same kind of grease that the Pro Rudders uses on the adjustment pressure knob. Extremely heavy and tacky, and semi-transparent in color if i remember correctly.

Edited by recoilfx

I think that class of grease is called damping grease. I bought a tube of Nyogel 767A and my Warthog stick stiction problem went away instantly. I haven't had to reapply anything for years. It's still super smooth and there is a slight 'hydraulic' feel to it. Love it. I even use it on my Cougar throttle with the same fantastic result.

EXACTLY!!!!!! thats what I instantly noticed also...it feels in fact like the throttle!! but with not so much resistence obviously...its an AMAZING feeling!!!...movements are much more controlled and precise because, as in the throttle, there is a kind of "auto adjustment" that gives you the feeling of just be moving the hand...also, a very important thing I instantly noticed is a more constant strength trhough the axis movement which makes the stick just delicious!!! :joystick:

and if it was not enough, its incredible heavy duty and durable!!OMG!!

Nope, Saitek doesn't use white lithium grease on their throttles from what I remembered. The x52 has the same kind of grease that the Pro Rudders uses on the adjustment pressure knob. Extremely heavy and tacky, and semi-transparent in color if i remember correctly.

Yeah, its like a "soft" white color...but transparent when applied in tiny amounts...

Really guys, I NEED this thing!!, sooooo much better with this grease!! what is this thing????

EDIT:

Picture of the substance in the detent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=47843&d=1298225944

EDIT 2:

Also, in the hands its EXTREMELY sticky as glue (not as greases that are just smooth in the hands) and hard to remove from them even with water and soap...

Edited by watermanpc

M-kote EM-30L Synthetic Polyolefin Grease.

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

Really guys, I NEED this thing!!, sooooo much better with this grease!! what is this thing????

Well... I told you about a grease that works pretty much the same... you can order a tube of Nyogel 767A here:

http://newgateonline.com/nyogel-767a-100gram-tube.html

or here:

http://www.oveready.com/nyogel-lubricants/nyogel-767aa-lubricant-10cc-precision-plunger-/prod_421.html

Well... I told you about a grease that works pretty much the same... you can order a tube of Nyogel 767A here:

or here:

http://www.oveready.com/nyogel-lubricants/nyogel-767aa-lubricant-10cc-precision-plunger-/prod_421.html

Ups, thanks mate!!, I overlook that part of your post :thumbup:

Great!!, so this is more or less the kind of grease in the x52 pro throttle right??...btw, I have been looking for it and here in spain I cant find anything like that :cry: but I see many chinesse sites offering "damping grease"...do you think it could do the job??...something like that:

http://www.dx.com/p/excellent-performance-damping-grease-50g-112202#.VvmyuPmLRhE

http://www.aliexpress.com/popular/lens-grease.html

many, many thanks mate!!:thumbup:

I am not sure what the specs are for those grease as they are not listed, so I can't compare it to Nyogel. Sorry!

They do say they are used for damping knobs and lenses, which are what Nyogel is used for. However, we need to know the visiciousity rating.

I am not sure what the specs are for those grease as they are not listed, so I can't compare it to Nyogel. Sorry!

They do say they are used for damping knobs and lenses, which are what Nyogel is used for. However, we need to know the visiciousity rating.

Ok, I understand...I cant manage to order anything of nyogel here to spain (or at any European contry I think) so I think I will purchase it in DX...the problem is I will have to wait like a month or so :cry:...but the good news is that I believe that just with the incredible low amount I could apply I think it will last like ages!:D so I guess I can wait...I will be back here to tell you if the chinesse grease is what it should :thumbup:

Nyogel has also been mentioned in discussions of the best grease to replace the "red stuff" in the Warthog base. I don't have the link to the one I remember, but in it was a link to a demonstration video on youtube:

[ame]

[/ame]

Also available here:

http://www.riamart.com/product/lubricant-grease-nyogel-2oz-tube-1284888.html

http://www.micro-tools.com/product.htm?pid=133280&cat=14183

Edited by rocketsmith

Thanks dude!!:thumbup:

I have already watched that video...amazing stuff, I think this is THE ONLY THING THAT CAN REALLY WORK FOR JOYS LUBRICATION...I have purchased the chinesse "thing" so I will wait until it comes to maybe purchase the nyogel...the price difference worth it...

Btw, the joy, FOR THE VERY FIRTS TIME, is working like a charm!!!:)...smooth as butter and the best thing by far is that little adjustments over the center are INCREDIBLE smooth and precise!!...the "ufo like" metal piece arround the shaft DONT NEED to be lubed, is not its fault if the joy is not smooth or if it gets stuck near the center zone or any other zone...I have not used any kind of lube for this piece, just the damping grease over the shaft and, again, the movements near the center are AMAZING!!!, its another joy!!

NOTHIG, I repeat NOTHING of what I tried is even near of what this nice grease can do...and I dont think I have used even 1/20 of a drop on it. Cant wait to use just a little bit more to make it even softer.:thumbup:

What about candle wax. I was searching for that white grease on throttle but didn't find it here. You need a syringe, candle wax and a pot. Then melt candle wax in a pot using stove. Melt it till it completely transform to liquid. Don't boil it as the hot wax will melt your plastic syringe. Fill syringe from melted candle wax and quickly spray on your stick. Do it on both sides I mean from bottom of the stick(below the metal ring) and from the spring side. Don't worry as you spray candle wax if will freeze. Don't need to clean spring side. Believe me it worked perfectly. I used my stick for years without waxing again.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

What about candle wax. I was searching for that white grease on throttle but didn't find it here. You need a syringe, candle wax and a pot. Then melt candle wax in a pot using stove. Melt it till it completely transform to liquid. Don't boil it as the hot wax will melt your plastic syringe. Fill syringe from melted candle wax and quickly spray on your stick. Do it on both sides I mean from bottom of the stick(below the metal ring) and from the spring side. Don't worry as you spray candle wax if will freeze. Don't need to clean spring side. Believe me it worked perfectly. I used my stick for years without waxing again.

Thanks for the info mate! I already though on that but as its not an easy thing to do and also the results with damping grease are sooooooo goodI think Im gonna stay right now with the grease. Hope the chinesse to be the right one...

I just got some superlube to try. So far I've tried Tamiya ceragrease, Molykote EML30, and the superlube.

I haven't decided if I like the superlube just yet. It's more tacky than the Molykote and clear. It feels almost a little like clear silicone but slippery. It adheres more than the Molykote which doesn't seem to last very long in the Warthog stick before constantly needing reapplication. Tamiya grease was good, but very expensive as well.

I'm keen on trying out this Nyogel 767A now that I'm hearing about it.

@watermanpc

They will ship to Spain, dunno about the price though, but probably around 15$.

I just ordered some but from a different place also in US. I have very high expectations for this lube. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

@watermanpc

They will ship to Spain, dunno about the price though, but probably around 15$.

I just ordered some but from a different place also in US. I have very high expectations for this lube. :)

Thanks for the info mate!!...anyway, at 27£, which would be more than 30€ (very expensive specially when I might need like 1 drop or less for months) I think I better wait for the chinesse grease...just for the sake to know if its the good one :) ... and you wont be dissapointed with it, if its nearly as good as the one in the x52 throttle, then you will be satisfied :thumbup:

Btw, after almost a week the joy still performing INCREDIBLE!!, no more stuck movements or sudden uncontrolled adjustments near the center, just smoothness :D and the grease is still there even when the shaft looks like there is nothing there!!...amazing!!

I just bought a 10cc tube from http://www.oveready.com/nyogel-lubricants/nyogel-767aa-lubricant-10cc-precision-plunger-/prod_421.html

$13 US plus $14 to post to Australia, still expensive, but if it works as well as people say, it's worth it.

Nice mate!!...come back here to tell us how it works :thumbup:

I have ordered a tin of the Chinese grease as well on DealExtreme.

Thanks to watermanpc for bringing the subject up.

For some reason it never occurred to me to actually look for that sticky transparent grease I have encountered in so many places. :)

I regreased my Warthog stick, but used only the earlier recommended Molycote grease.

It works allright, but I miss the "sticky/hydraulic" feeling there is in the WT sticks I have encountered which did not suffer from sticktion.

I am not sure if I will take my WT stick apart again soon (don't fix a working thing), but I was thinking of applying it to my Saitek pedals which would benefit from a more smooth feeling.

• Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Sorry, I don't have time to read through in detail - but the white grease I use for mechanical parts in radio etc is barium grease.

Don't know if it's the same stuff, but it would make sense.

We used one in the army - it wasn't white, but it was very viscous - sticky like treacle. And very dark.

PS - if you can get that grease from China in Hong Kong - let me know. I have an internet friend who is an airline Captain and he flies to HK regularly. He fetches back modelling tools for me that are normally very expensive - but they cost pennies in HK.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2