Pitch unstable in DCS 1.5.3 Update 3?

FishBike

I will try it Jojo but it´s a lot harder than before right now.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

jojo, I tested on OB 1.5.3 update 3 (so not the last version, the one just before) and it was ~impossible (and we were in MP, several people confirm).

Will test again with last version.

Oh, and yes we switched to CHARGES before attempting.

spacer.png

So it´s not only me.

What i feel now is that is almost impossible to keep the same altitude no matter how light the inputs are on the stick. So the basket is moving up/down ( really not the basket, the plane ) and keeping a steady flight path is insanely difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Happy to read that, CptSmiley :)

One problem we had was that any (little) change in thrust was translated in a pitch up/down movement. Not a big one, but enough to be "too much" when trying to contact the basket of the tanker.

spacer.png

Exactly.

Thanks guys for reporting it and thanks Cpt. for taking your time to look at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So it´s not only me.

What i feel now is that is almost impossible to keep the same altitude no matter how light the inputs are on the stick. So the basket is moving up/down ( really not the basket, the plane ) and keeping a steady flight path is insanely difficult.

In the original 1.5.3 update 3 I couldn't even stay in formation with the tanker. After yesterday's update it is MUCH better and I think only the constant but slow pitching up was really throwing me off. It does seem you can counteract that somewhat with some pitch trim.

How are other folks finding it after yesterday's update?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that pitch attitude is not stable in the Mirage as of DCS 1.5.3 Update 3? The big problem where it would constantly pitch up, especially at lower speeds, seems to be fixed. But what I am seeing now is after getting it to fly level, it will slowly pitch up or down.

I can use pitch trim to get it stable again for a little while, but it doesn't stay that way, and I didn't think we were supposed to need to trim the Mirage much anyway. It doesn't feel like the normal change in pitch trim with airspeed that we get in non-FBW aircraft either (e.g. it'll keep pitching up as speed decreases).

It also seems like it takes a lot longer before vertical speed stabilizes after a small pitch attitude change, like 3-4 seconds. This was particularly noticeable during air-to-air refuelling.

I know there have been a lot of improvements to the flight model lately, so maybe these effects are intended. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed them, and whether they are supposed to be happening?

I have notice something similar since update 1.5.3.5. bank angle no longer holds. Also radar screen symbology seems diffferent in stand-by and warm up modes. One other thing. white stencils on right console appear light blue.

• 1 month later...

It looks like the pitch problem is corrected in the open beta. I do aerial refueling without any problem (in 2.0.2 it's a nightmare :joystick: ).

Great job razbam !:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

It looks like the pitch problem is corrected in the open beta. I do aerial refueling without any problem (in 2.0.2 it's a nightmare :joystick: ).

Great job razbam !:thumbup:

I kinda prefer the 2.0.2 rather then rigid 1.5 but oh well i'm fine ether way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

You can always put yourself in AA mode for the more responsive/agile control and just be mindful of the G limitations.

I had my sister visit me today and she has 2 girls my nieces maybe 5 - 8 years old that saw me flying in DCS well imagine what they asked next ...

"That's so cool" ... "Can I fly to ...?", "What is this button" , "What does that button do" "Can i go to Space?"

Kinda cute actually ^^

Ofc I gave them the controls and would you believe it that even a toddler can fly the Mirage

The beauty of FBW systems : D

Even they loved it but what do they know hehe :)

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit