A-10C Simulation

FFOman

I'm running the above in Sim mode with only a few basic controls besides the axis on my Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X and am now ready for a few more detailed settings. If anyone is using this Stick or another that is like it could you provide me a list of those controls and/or commands you feel are important enough to set on your Hotas Stick.

There are so many that I want to include only those that are really necessary to set on the Stick and why. The rest will of course be left for the keyboard to handle.

Thanx in advance!

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

I know there are some that have had this question before. Try a search, and see what you can find.

I used the T.Flight Hotas X when I started out and I used the buttons on the throttle to work as modifier keys alot and simply tried to cover all the HOTAS commands available. It's a bit funky, but it works. I'm sorry, I don't have my setup saved, but that is what I think worked best for me.

• ED Team

Most used on the A-10c

TMS

DMS

CHINA HAT

BOAT SWITCH

This visual guide helped me when I first started, I do not remember who the origional author was but credit to them

picture.php?albumid=604&pictureid=4101

http://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=604&pictureid=4101

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What about downloading the "Contoler Walktrough" ?

Read it and I think it`s a good guide.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I'm running the above in Sim mode with only a few basic controls besides the axis on my Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X and am now ready for a few more detailed settings. If anyone is using this Stick or another that is like it could you provide me a list of those controls and/or commands you feel are important enough to set on your Hotas Stick.

There are so many that I want to include only those that are really necessary to set on the Stick and why. The rest will of course be left for the keyboard to handle.

Thanx in advance!

I used this stick. The best for me is adding modifiers. So, button 5 to 10 are all modifiers. Doing this allowed me to have all HOTAS controls + some stuff I wanted there like flaps.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thanx much guys. I did find a config file for this stick, ( I think ), in the user files section. I'll add what I learn from that to what you all have said. But there's so many commands available that I don't even want to think about modifiers right now...just want to worry about those commands most necessary and useable from the stick.

From 'Robert Meek' aka "FFOman" dba Tangentals Design Creative Concepts in Programming Design & Code

Business e-mail: TanDesign@comcast.net Gaming e-mail: FFOlonghair@comcast.net

Games I Play: DCS World, FreeSpace 2, Star Citizen, F1 2015, Chess.

FFOman's World Blog: Coming Soon!ttp://ffomansworldblog.wordpress.com/

Thanx much guys. I did find a config file for this stick, ( I think ), in the user files section. I'll add what I learn from that to what you all have said. But there's so many commands available that I don't even want to think about modifiers right now...just want to worry about those commands most necessary and useable from the stick.

HOTAS are the necessary commands :D. If you choose to try it, it is very easy. For example, you can pick button 5 (on you stick) remove any command assigned to it. Go to modifiers, and add button 5. Now, TMS up (which you need a lot) could be button 5 and hat switch up. Add the rest of the commands and button 5 and hat switch is TMS, 6 and hat switch is DMS, etc. It makes life very easy and you wont have to pay $400 on a stick to have all the HOTAS controls (unless you want to of course).

Just my two cents, hope the profile works. :joystick:

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

My advice: use modifiers if you are on a TM T.Flight joystick. Trust me, I've used that controller for several years. It doesn't have enough buttons on its own to cover the bare minimums to fly and engage targets effectively, those being:

Trim (all 4)

TMS (all 4)

DMS (all 4)

Coolie Switch (3)

Slew (all 4)

China Hat (fore and aft)

Gun (both PAC-1 and PAC-2)

Pickle Button

Master Mode button

Pinky Switch

CMS (only Z-Axis and fore)

By my count, that's 28 functions. If you don't have Track IR, then add another 4 for the ability to look around. The T.Flight has realistically 16 buttons including the hat's 4 positions (it technically has 8 but the diagonals aren't practical to use) and the "Select" and "Start" buttons on the base that you technically have to take your hand off the throttle to press, which is no better than the keyboard TBH.

EDIT: I should probably offer a solution too. Here's what I did:

Pick 4 buttons to be modifiers (probably the 4 thumb buttons on the throttle). The hat alone is trim, and then the hat with each of the 4 modifiers covers the following:

TMS

DMS

Coolie Switch

Slew

Trigger = Gun

Center striped thumb button on flight stick = pickle (i.e. weapon release)

You can figure out the rest

Edited by Xavven

I only use the throttle on the Hotas X as I have a warthog stick; but here is what I have mapped.

Backside:

Triangle: Coolie Hat Left

Circle: Coolie Hat right

X: Coolie Hat Down

Square: Coolie Hat Up

Front Side

Big top button (9): China hat Aft

Smaller lower button (10): China hat forward

Paddle for rudder

The lower buttons I don't use, but could be useful for speedbrakes and such.

When I did use both stick and throttle, my stick layout was:

Trigger: Gun

Button 2: PAC-1

Button 3: Weapon release (pickle)

Button 4: Master mode

Hat switch: Slew Control, added a keyboard modifier to switch it to trim control and

another modifier for TMS control.

Obviously it's difficult to have all the controls you want on a HOTAS with this stick. But you have to make some compromises.