[RESOLVED] Mission fail at mission #02 (Airferry)

I have an issue with mission #02 ("Airferry"):

Directly at waypoint 3, I always get the message "Deviation from the route. MISSION FAILED!". I don't know what I am doing wrong, I believe I fly exactly according to flight plan (i.e. follow the river to Vladikavkaz) and tried different heights including nap-of-the-earth flying. Does anyone have the same issue? What am I doing wrong?

Great campaign so far!

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

had the same problem, was on tree top level right over the river at waypoint three (in Vladikavkaz), when suddenly the mission failed with the message "Deviation from the route"....

Anyone succeeding this misson? Did we maybe miss a waypoint earlier a timer ran out?

Cheers

mission successful at 4th try.

AWESOME

Warning: when you are at mountain pass turn 30° left and follow high-voltage pylons for a couple of minutes until you see a river low on right. Follow it and you'll arrive in Tblisi. The airstrip is the one near the river. Park near the green truck.

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

• ED Team
I have an issue with mission #02 ("Airferry"):

Directly at waypoint 3, I always get the message "Deviation from the route. MISSION FAILED!". I don't know what I am doing wrong, I believe I fly exactly according to flight plan (i.e. follow the river to Vladikavkaz) and tried different heights including nap-of-the-earth flying. Does anyone have the same issue? What am I doing wrong?

Great campaign so far!

It seems, You didn't pass the WP 1

9481901.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maps are important. Don't ignore them.;)

Yes, maps are important. I'd like to have the maps printed out in advance keeping them in the hands while flying.

I'm used to it in real flying having paper maps on my real kneeboard.

As well as the briefing docs. Where (in which folder) can I find those kneeboard maps and briefing text .doc files for each challenge?

Would truly be helpful for good flight prep.

Thank you, Dzen. I reflew the mission today and everything worked flawlessly. I think I may have turned left too early after takeoff...

I had the same problem too. Turned slightly too early and missed the WP.

For those who are flying this mission make sure you wait until you hear the tower tell that you've gone past the outer marker. You're safe then to turn. If you don't get that communication you haven't hit the WP and if you fly on you'll get a mission failure at the next WP.

• ED Team
Yes, maps are important. I'd like to have the maps printed out in advance keeping them in the hands while flying.

I'm used to it in real flying having paper maps on my real kneeboard.

As well as the briefing docs. Where (in which folder) can I find those kneeboard maps and briefing text .doc files for each challenge?

Would truly be helpful for good flight prep.

Kneeboard pics should be packed in every mission file. Just locate the one and open with achiver (for example, WinRAR). In subfolders You shell easily find pictures.

Briefings could be copy-pasted from mission loading screen.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

• ED Team

To clear out any possible questions about not working stock ATC.

It's done intentionally to give favour to scripted voice overs. By design.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

I've tried it twice, and both times missed the outer marker. Will there be an audible indication in the cockpit when I pass inner and outer markers? I didn't hear it. Do I have to select the correct frequency? If so, how? Also, the locations of the inner and outer marker stations do not show up on my F10 map for Beslan (they do for other airports!?). Have latest version of 1.5.3.:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

You'll get an automatic communication from the tower. It's waypoint 1 on your kneeboard map. You just have to fly over it. For this campaign it's a good idea to show the pilot's body and track your location with mark points to make sure you're following the right course.

• ED Team
You'll get an automatic communication from the tower. It's waypoint 1 on your kneeboard map. You just have to fly over it. For this campaign it's a good idea to show the pilot's body and track your location with mark points to make sure you're following the right course.

:thumbup:

It's also very immersive. At least from my point of view. :)

Best Regards, Dmitry.

To clear out any possible questions about not working stock ATC.

It's done intentionally to give favour to scripted voice overs. By design.

copied, in this compaign I may not request take-off clearance from "stock ATC".

But during waiting long at the RWY holding point for take-off clearance from Campaign ATC my Mustang COOLANT TEMP rises over the 150 deg red line limit.

When getting cleared the engine dies soon after take off.

I have posted this issue already here under "P-51D High Stakes Campaign"

Do you have to wait a long time to get take-off clearance from the ATC?

I always got the prompt to request clearance via F10 as soon as I get near the runway. I had to try that mission a number of times as I kept screwing things up later in the mission and never had any comms issue with the ATC.

Do you have to wait a long time to get take-off clearance from the ATC?

I always got the prompt to request clearance via F10 as soon as I get near the runway. I had to try that mission a number of times as I kept screwing things up later in the mission and never had any comms issue with the ATC.

It seems to me that there is some magic bitch riding my Mustang.

The time between I get to the RWY holding point and the “F10” prompt appears,

changes from time to time, but it's never within 45 sec.

How close do you stop to the RWY?

This wouldn’t be an issue if not the coolant temp rises over limit while I have to wait that long.

The coolant temp issue has already been reported to the support.

Meanwhile I have flown the #2 Campaign created separately in the Mission Editor,

with all environmental conditions (wind, time, season, outside temp) set exactly as listed in the Campaign description.

Und this condition I had no coolant overheat issues, even long waiting at the RWY.

The way it works for me is I turn left after engine start and taxi past the parked planes. Then take the left turn and approach the runway. When I get within a couple of metres of the runway I automatically get a prompt for me to use F10 to contact the tower for takeoff permission. I'm not 100% sure but I might have easy communications switched on in my general options - not sure if that would make any difference for this mission trigger though.

When I get within a couple of metres of the runway I automatically get a prompt for me to use F10 to contact the tower for takeoff permission. I'm not 100% sure but I might have easy communications switched on in my general options - not sure if that would make any difference for this mission trigger though.

Now I know what went wrong with my missing ATC take-off clearance.

I stopped about 20 m before the entrance of the runway, at the so called "runway holding point 27".

(Which has not been simulated here) I was used to it as I have to do it in real flying, it's a must.

Recently I have seen a video of #2 "Airferry" where the pilot did not stop before the runway.

He continued taxiing, turned and entered the runway and stopped there.

Immediately he got ATC take off clearance. This is not real world flying.

In real flying world you are never allowed to enter the runway without ATC permission. Strict rule.

You must hold at the runway holding which is a mark of two yellow lines and two dotted lines.

Depending on the ATC clearance you get you may either advance on the runway and stop there

or you may get a take off clearance directly from the holding point.

• ED Team
Now I know what went wrong with my missing ATC take-off clearance.

I stopped about 20 m before the entrance of the runway, at the so called "runway holding point 27".

(Which has not been simulated here) I was used to it as I have to do it in real flying, it's a must.

Recently I have seen a video of #2 "Airferry" where the pilot did not stop before the runway.

He continued taxiing, turned and entered the runway and stopped there.

Immediately he got ATC take off clearance. This is not real world flying.

In real flying world you are never allowed to enter the runway without ATC permission. Strict rule.

You must hold at the runway holding which is a mark of two yellow lines and two dotted lines.

Depending on the ATC clearance you get you may either advance on the runway and stop there

or you may get a take off clearance directly from the holding point.

Agreed.

Maybe trigger zone was a little bit too small. It was intended that player receives ATC clearance at point mentioned by You.

Don't recall design exactly, but maybe it is zone + delay for real communication simulation.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get past waypoint 3 now, but I fail later on with a call from a Russian or Georgian fighter jet indicating that I violated their airspace. it must be for flying too high. I'm right on the deck but the terrain in some areas requires you to go up a bit. After about the 10th fail I gave up on this mission.

The next mission is a mess, so I'm done with this campaign and have asked for a refund.