Problem with Gun damage

Rlaxoxo

Anyone tried new shells on players in the newst 1.5.3 patch?

I didn't have a chance to and to AI targets well ... they're AI so you know the damage model of those things ...

And on AI's i barely do any dmg with the new Shells only if I hit them in the engine is when they get set on fire and eject

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I didn't have a chance to and to AI targets well ... they're AI so you know the damage model of those things ...

And on AI's i barely do any dmg with the new Shells only if I hit them in the engine is when they get set on fire and eject

well not done any dedicated testing but have had some gun kills in combat.

And ive had very good luck with it.

Had a snap shot merge kill where a single burst (maby 2-4 rounds hitting) that ripped the wing root of a SU-25.

Also had 2 kills against Su-27s and both times short bursts were enough to finish them (well short bursts where i hit the target)

For me now its a bigger problem with hitting the target then it is the hits not killing a target ^^.

I tried a couple of time agains AI today, most of the time I can't destroy them (despite many hits on the whole fuslage, not dead 6 hits), I usually set an engine on fire and they RTB.

It seems the only time I destroy them is when manage I hit the wing, this area seem more fragile, otherwise centerline hits don't get good results.

I didn't have the chance to test against player.

I tried a couple of time agains AI today, most of the time I can't destroy them (despite many hits on the whole fuslage, not dead 6 hits), I usually set an engine on fire and they RTB.

It seems the only time I destroy them is when manage I hit the wing, this area seem more fragile, otherwise centerline hits don't get good results.

I didn't have the chance to test against player.

Yup exactly what happens to me but AI damage models are weeeeird

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Against AI, I failed to shoot down a few MiG-15's and a Su-27 before my ammo ran out.

Also, I'm still losing lock and detection in STT and radar isn't detecting targets I can see with my eyeball...did the patch address this or am I doing something wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Zilch, re: your last questions.

- they are for other threads, let's try to stay on topic :)

- you should be more specific to get useful answers (which version you fly? which patch you're asking about? what was the situation when lock was lost? ... etc.)

Regards

spacer.png

..MIG 29..RLY?

i had been super happy with the guns untill just a min ago MIG 29 Tank showed it's face...i've hit everything else with a single burst and it crashes..today i get behind a 29 and hit it 3 times and it wasnt even smoking..

not a mirage issue a MIG issue i'm sure.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm flying the mirage from 2 days, and I feel the guns underpowered:

I hit one enemy with several burst (and ran out of ammo...) but he was still flying with marginal damage...

The performance should be in line with GSh-30, since the weight of the rounds is bigger, but have less HEI component proportion

If someone is insterested, here you can read an analysis of the the performance of various aircraft guns, compiled by Lt Col (ret) JANOŠEK Miroslav and SVOBODA Aleš from Czech's University of Defense

07_02%20(3).pdf

Edited by Automan

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I'm flying the mirage from 2 days, and I feel the guns underpowered:

I hit one enemy with several burst (and ran out of ammo...) but he was still flying with marginal damage...

The performance should be in line with GSh-30, since the weight of the rounds is bigger, but have less HEI component proportion

If someone is insterested, here you can read an analysis of the the performance of various aircraft guns, compiled by Lt Col (ret) JANOŠEK Miroslav and SVOBODA Aleš from Czech's University of Defense

[ATTACH]142551[/ATTACH]

This subject have been beaten to death already, including docs and such.

Gun ammunition have been improved (RAZBAM-defined ammo) and give satisfaction for most users.

Are you by any chance shooting AI planes? Their damage model is different so they're not a good benchmark for gun damage comparison.

• Like 1

Ok, thank you for your reply: I was just trying to complete the mission Guns, Guns, Guns.

I will try in multiplayer with humans :thumbup:

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

1.5.3 openbeta

Ok, thank you for your reply: I was just trying to complete the mission Guns, Guns, Guns.

I will try in multiplayer with humans :thumbup:

Even with the new rounds they're more resistant than humans.

You need very careful aiming as is super easy to waste ammo. Also avoid dead 6 shots, AI is pretty much insensitive to shots into the engine exhaust unless you hit a lot (so only put a few rounds there then try to get some angle).

It usually takes me 1 to 3 short bursts to down each one in the quick action mission. Most of the time I destroy only half of them, the others go RTB.

Edited by PiedDroit