BS night action?

can anyone speak to how BS will represent night missions? I mean will there be dynamic lighting from souces like missiles or rockets, similar to Longbow2? Will the night be almost pitch dark in the early morning hours just after midnight? Will blown up trucks illuminate nearby structures, and other vehichles? Will incoming anti-air missiles be illuminated by their rocket's flare?

Just curious.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

And darkness? How dark? LockOn-Dark?

Because ATM I have no big trouble to ID vehicles and other ground-stuff in the night without any NVG .. somehow the pitch-black darkness is missing - or do I have weird video-drivers?

Salute!

basic

for translators ...

Because ATM I have no big trouble to ID vehicles and other ground-stuff in the night without any NVG .. somehow the pitch-black darkness is missing - or do I have weird video-drivers?

Salute!

Probably has to do with your machine cuz I always had bad problems seeing things in the dark.

Salute!

I think the problem here lies in the fact that even if you try to simulate realistic darkness, the ability to alter brightness and contrast will defeat any attempt at doing so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

can anyone speak to how BS will represent night missions? I mean will there be dynamic lighting from souces like missiles or rockets, similar to Longbow2? Will the night be almost pitch dark in the early morning hours just after midnight? Will blown up trucks illuminate nearby structures, and other vehichles? Will incoming anti-air missiles be illuminated by their rocket's flare?

Just curious.

Flyby out

I'm confused. What are you asking? All these features are already fullly implimented into the game! So if that's what you wanted from BS, well, ED have done a great job..already!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

well, OK

I'm confused. What are you asking? All these features are already fullly implimented into the game! So if that's what you wanted from BS, well, ED have done a great job..already!

I guess I'm a bit out of touch with thhe sim. My system has been down for a while, but I was thinking of how BS might look in a night attack, and that got me thinking of good old Longbow2's lighting effects. It will be nice to see the cockpit light up when a missile is launched.:D

thanks all for replying:pilotfly:

Flyby out

ps imagine a night mission online in the lobby.:smilewink:

Yup no worries. What kinda system are you running? Are you not capable of rendering such effects, or do you just not remember them since its been awhile.

Such effects and eye candy, is one factor which gives LOMAC its position as one of the go-to sims out there. There are lighting effects on everything you can think of! And yes, you're right, night battles right now are amazing. Seeing the sky light up with missle launches, and watching the plume lit up by the flame, as it heads toward the ground...to subsequently impact a tank and light up the surrouding buildings is spectacular!

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

Went through my screenshots and couldn't find any true night shots, but this one demonstrates the light sources rendered in LOMAC.

Here, the MAV plume lights up the side of the aircraft, the canopy, and from the inside, the launch is very noticable.

Also, note the sun rendered on the MAV lens.

screenshot153ut0.th.jpg

Click, and click again to expand.

Here is an example of fires lighting up their surroundings.

a10divestrikeja7.th.jpg

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

Since I bought some good quality monitors, my nights have been pitch black. I'm on my third upper tier monitor and you can hardly see the ground in the middle of the night in LOMAC.

Yep Rugg is right, on my monitor I can still see the ground very good. But on his it is pitch black and looks much better. But the montiors I have are old and need to be shot. But they still work and I don't have the money to get 2 LCD montiors at this time.

great replies, guys! I thinnk my BFG 6800 Ultra-OC can handle the special effects just fine. But it's b een a while since I've had my system up and I'm waiting right now for a great deal on a good lcd monitor (cash is kinda low at the moment). My trusty intel 2.8, and my 1.5gig of Kingston HyperX ram ran Lomac quite well with medium to high settings.

About lcd monitors, check me out. I'm thinking to get a 20 inch or larger, but not wide screen, with 700:1 contrast or higher, 1600x1200 res, dot pitch of 0.025 or smaller, refresh of 8ms of faster.

How's that?

thanks,

Flyby out

I am sure I can find one of my monitors where the night would be pitch black. Sure, the day is also pitch black as well, thats just semantics, its a broken monitor.

You guys just need to calibrate the brightness and contrast instead of forking out money. Check your alpha levels as well. If the game is supposed to be black, and your monitor is configured correctly, the screen will be black. I am sure you can find correct calibration tools, pretty sure the driver developers give one away free.

About lcd monitors, check me out. I'm thinking to get a 20 inch or larger, but not wide screen, with 700:1 contrast or higher, 1600x1200 res, dot pitch of 0.025 or smaller, refresh of 8ms of faster.

How's that?

thanks,

Flyby out

That sounds good, have you looked here http://www.newegg.com/ they have really good deals all the time. I have bought a bunch of stuff from there and have been happy with the sevice.