Is DCS troop transport working for the Huey

atsmith6

Hi

Does anyone know whether troop transport is working for the Huey in DCS 2.0.2?

I've been trying to get troops to board my helo for about an hour now and no luck whatsoever...

I do set the infantry's task to embark at their waypoint. I am well inside the embarkation zone, and I even set my waypoint task to embarking. Nothing works.

I'm likely doing something wrong and unaware that I've doing it wrong.

Hi

Does anyone know whether troop transport is working for the Huey in DCS 2.0.2?

I've been trying to get troops to board my helo for about an hour now and no luck whatsoever...

I do set the infantry's task to embark at their waypoint. I am well inside the embarkation zone, and I even set my waypoint task to embarking. Nothing works.

I'm likely doing something wrong and unaware that I've doing it wrong.

I made a video a while ago may help. We use CTLD for everything these days

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you mean natively, the answer is "yes" ... but it is not terribly satisfactory.

(1) For pick up you have to land the entire lift flight within 150 m of the troops, which, for 4-ship AI flights is VERY tricky (failing more times than not)

(2) You have no control over the lift flight: they fly directly to the troop's second waypoint

(3) Lots of other idiosyncracies that make it sometimes work and sometimes not (e.g., I've found that things go wonky when one unit of a group is destroyed ... sometimes)

As Cibit says, currently the best solution is CTLD. I provide a detailed example of how to use it here (as well as comparison with the native methods):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2758768&postcount=1

• Like 1

Cibit thank you!

You video showed me a small mistake I was making which prevented it from working in DCS 1.5 or 2.0. I now have it working perfectly in DCS 1.5.

Tried exactly the same thing in DCS 2.0.2 and the menu item never appearsto load the troops meaning I can't load em up. So it seems that troop transport is indeed broken in DCS 2.0.2, though possibly due to issues with the comms menus.

Again, very much appreciated indeed!

Bearfoot I had to rep you in this thread but man I can't wait to get to grips with your tutorials. Good job that man :)

Thanks!

The mission, as it stands, is still very basic. Lots of glitches and limitations, especially with controlling AI behavior, and especially with ground AI behavior. But it is a starting point, and provides the general framework to be fleshed out.

EDIT: Though, I should note, if you have used CTLD in any capacity at all, you are probably not going learn very much from the post. It really is aimed at beginners to get started with the most basic of the many, many, many rich and useful features of CTLD. Probably the only innovation there is the script that reports the numbers of insurgents remaining in each battle zone (adapted from the great HueyDrop mission), so you get an idea of progress as you feed in troops. Been planning a more advanced one, but you know how it goes with time ... :(

Edited by Bearfoot