TM HOTAS stick

Best discussion ever :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

So glad I could provide you all with a chuckle. I've been stumbling around blind for the past four months not knowing how to manage this game. ED should link newbies to their manuals

when they sign up.

It would be nice to have a hard copy of the manual, but apparently there aren't any. At almost

300 pages, ED must own stock in ink cartridge manufacturing

• Like 1

What aircraft are you flying?

When I started flying the A-10C i got a manual from lulu.com

I go this one:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/eagle-dynamics/dcs-a-10c-warthog-manual/paperback/product-20469424.html

I'm in the UK. I'm sure these are hard copies in the U.S too.

Its the same as the pdf manual. Very good to pick up and browse through at your leisure. There are manuals for the ka-50 and P-51 too on this website i notice.

I found the manual thanks, I was hoping to be able to get a hard copy. My old eyes get tired

of looking at computer screens all day. I'll just have to buy some ink cartridges and print it out.

Save your ink money and buy a cheap tablet. You'll always have all the manuals available, even for holidays!. And you can be sure of being able to keep them up to date with the current versions of the software. AND, you can increase the font for your old tired eyes.... :smilewink:

• Like 1

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Or you can get black and white printouts from Lulu. There's a ready made SKU that you can order. Much cheaper than printing it out. Kindle is a good choice, but it's not great for pictures. I do have it for my Kindle Fire (but that can strain your eyes)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Please make it sticky ...

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

You can get a screen capture program like SnagIT or Hypersnap or a PDF editor and just cut or snap critical sections and paste them in Word. The you can just print the critical parts and not the whole thing. You can collect the bits from each section and paste up a document that covers all the interactions for a specific function. Example, set up a couple of GBU's for drop on a couple of Mark points in a single run. After a while you'll start getting the feel of how all the systems work together... It's a long road if you have never flown before and esp with no military flight exp. It's almost like joining a frat... you have to put in a lot of time and pain to not only to learn the systems but get your joystick, throttle and keyboard set up and then the manual dexterity to run it all at once. I'm at odds with some of the purists that think everyone has to put in the time to learn this stuff... I do agree you do need to learn it but I think the authors would do themselves a big favor if they provided some focused training materials and missions that a new user could jump into and get some enjoyment as well as training right from the start... The manuals are great but they don't put together the interaction of the various systems. For that you need to check out the great job someone did on You Tube putting together the Tutorials channel... Awesome work....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC90p6sHsL5PN_urMRz65NyA

Hi Rick, I have made a lot of progress in the 4 months I've been "flying" Although I've never

flown a real plane, I have 30 years of navigating and running boats so, I'm not totally lost. I have been watching those YouTube tutorials and they have big help as have the members of this

forum. I'm happy to be part of this little community. Thanks