Some aircraft not visible in MP

jcbak

In both 1.5 and 2.0, there have been numerous times when some aircraft are not visible by other players. When flying the A10C, those "invisible" aircraft are often not visible on the TAD either. On occasion, the pilot of the "invisible" aircraft is taxiing behind me but, when I check F2 he appears to be airborne. I'm guessing it's some type of sync issue. This has happened on different servers and numbers/types of aircraft. There are no players with unusually high pings, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Not sure if this has been reported elsewhere, but I'll add my own observations:

The issue seems to occur when large numbers of players are in aircraft when a server is unpaused. In some cases, the invisible player has been in the same room as the server so ping shouldn't be a factor.

The invisible player's aircraft will continue doing exactly what it was when the server is unpaused. For air starts, the A/C will appear to fly in a straight line at the preset heading and speed until it crashes. For ramp or parking-hot starts, the player's aircraft will appear to remain in its parking space. Invisible players' kills will not be reported on the scoreboard, though the loss of the "dummy" aircraft will be reported.

Players switching from cockpit-to-cockpit prior to the server unpausing may be a factor, but I haven't tested this.

Same here.

When playing dogfight mission and spawning in the air. People switching from slot to slot at each kill to respawn, and then after some short or longer time, but it always happen, some players disappear when unpaused the game. Have to re-load the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.