Course indicator doesn´t work

SVK_UVi

FM homing in MP non functional for external clients

Struck the FM homing problem today in MP where I was hosting and created a soldier with a custom 40.50mhz FM transmitter, and it worked fine for me with sound and cdi direction, but no sound or cdi movement for my flying buddy as a joined client.

So the issue still resides or has been reintroduced.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

There must be a problem with older missions. When I try download some new missions from user forum for Nevada it works fine. But for example the mission Stray Eagle doesn't work for me. I tune freq and set to homing but nothing happend with indicator and no sound. I am sure i activated all triggers. BTW Could you pls post link with tutorial how to set infantry unit transmitting FM 40.50 MHz? Maybe than I will be able to edit this mission... Thank you.

Huey fixed single missions: Elbrus Rescue and Stray Eagle

There must be a problem with older missions. When I try download some new missions from user forum for Nevada it works fine. But for example the mission Stray Eagle doesn't work for me. I tune freq and set to homing but nothing happend with indicator and no sound. I am sure i activated all triggers.

BTW Could you pls post link with tutorial how to set infantry unit transmitting FM 40.50 MHz? Maybe than I will be able to edit this mission... Thank you.

The old mission theory could hold some water, as a lot of the existing missions in DCSW it self are still in the old pre v1.216 format and haven't been converted to v1.53 / 2.02 format.

I have a copy of all standard missions in DCS 1.53 in my custom missions directory, All of them have been resaved under dcs v1.53 to freshen them up, and a lot of them have been edited to fix a lot of other issues, such as missing sound files and other version of corruption.

I nearly always run my copy of mission instead of the default ones from the games menus, and don't usually have to many problems unless DCS itself is borked.

I have done some testing:

The Huey mission:- Elbrus Rescue and Stray Eagle all use the same method that you want to know how to use (40.50mhz FM beacon assigned to the specified soldier).

The mission (Stray Eagle) didn't work from the default game directory so I had a look at it, and it is missing the ELT-tone.ogg file that is needed for the FM Homing sound, that is why there is no sound or course direction (I would have fixed this in my own version some time ago, when I converted all v1.216 missions to v1.5x and checked if the file size increased or decreased, as the conversion does sometime throw out sound files, etc.).

Cheers, Ian.

ME-1.thumb.jpg.cdd097b2243ab1625edc55049de30310.jpg

ME-2.thumb.jpg.8cd4e4a0ed09cd5576035c7b17253907.jpg

ME-3.thumb.jpg.65ee3a570679cafbb9c1551ff72d0923.jpg

• Like 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The mission (Stray Eagle) didn't work from the default game directory so I had a look at it, and it is missing the ELT-tone.ogg file that is needed for the FM Homing sound, that is why there is no sound or course direction (I would have fixed this in my own version some time ago, when I converted all v1.216 missions to v1.5x and checked if the file size increased or decreased, as the conversion does sometime throw out sound files, etc.).

Cheers, Ian.

So I understand the missing .ogg file is now in your mission, so if dowloaded it will work fine? Or?...

So I understand the missing .ogg file is now in your mission, so if dowloaded it will work fine? Or?...

yes in mission and working fine

DCS Tech Support.