GBU12 + JTAC

stalhuth

I just try in Nevada and I have can destroy the targets, awesome!!!

:thumbup:

Should also work on the Caucasus map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 shoot on 4 tries... why?

I tried on Nevada.... JTAC and lasing.... M2000C with GBU-12, I hit 1 on 4 tries... and the GBU overstep the target... I don't know exactly why...

JTAC said egress South so I came from the North (15000feets)... the Jtac was on the west of the targets, so JTAC lased from west to east. I put CCRP cross just before the target zone....

Just one shot on four tries... Is there Something wrong?

Does this also happen on Caucasus? Designating enemy unit for CCRP works just fine for me there. The GBU-12 always picked up the laser and destroyed the target.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

When lased, it does not really matter that much. A yard here or there ... the bomb is always precise (well, in my case, only the GBU-12 caught laser, the other didn't ... may be it's a bug, may be there's something wrong between chair and keyboard).

You can even see videos on youtube where a guy just eyballs the drop point, not bothering with CCRP.

Putting unit coordinates into the INS and then putting CCRP mark near the waypoint worked for me.

When lased, it does not really matter that much. A yard here or there ... the bomb is always precise (well, in my case, only the GBU-12 caught laser, the other didn't ... may be it's a bug, may be there's something wrong between chair and keyboard).

You can even see videos on youtube where a guy just eyballs the drop point, not bothering with CCRP.

Putting unit coordinates into the INS and then putting CCRP mark near the waypoint worked for me.

Should work well, only thing to watch out for for longer flights is your IN drift. It can throw your ins point pretty far off. If you can see the target or know where to put the CCRP mark, it won't matter. But watch out for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

yes perhaps it's a bug of ... myself.

For me the GBU have to "see" the lase I think.

Of course JTAC lasing the target with precision. When I try, on 4 tries, 1 shoot...

INS drift no (I don't think so), the flight is short for testing....

I saw YouTube videos but all are old, before latest release (08/19/16).

Well I will try again... hope I understand why I have the problem.... With a JTAC and A10C, it's always a good shoot !!!!!!!!

INS drift could be a problem for long flights, depends on what kind of INS it is (dopler radar, laser gyro, mechanical gyro ... ?) and how well it's simulated or whether it's possible to realign it during flight (e.g. like civilian airliners can use DME stations). I'm too lazy to look it up in the manual right now :-) . But e.g. in the Gazelle, there's not any noticeable difference between land and sea regime of its doppler-radar based INS and I haven't noticed any big drift yet even during 50km flight over water when I forgot to change the regime to sea...

And yes, the one who points a laser marker to your target needs to have a direct line of sight. Laser is just a light beam. Even if the lasers used in DCS have a wave length which is outside of human eye visible spectrum, it's a light beam. You can not lase something which is behind a building/hill and you don't see it. That's why A-10C (if it can serve as AI JTAC) can be better option in a hilly terrain. Or you can use a HMMV which is invisible on map, invulnerable, ROE is set to "None" and is invisible for enemy AI. You can move it dangerously close to enemy units to direct line of sight and it can lase them. The GBU has to see the beam as well but you can drop it first and then turn on the laser, it works as well.

Edited by emko

Of course JTAC lasing the target with precision. When I try, on 4 tries, 1 shoot...

INS drift no (I don't think so), the flight is short for testing....

If you keep having problems, I would suggest posting a track of you trying it, preferably from an air-start to keep the track as short as possible.

You might also find it useful to just watch the weapon fall (F6) after you release it - it might then be obvious if it's overflying the target and never picking up the laser spot, for example.

Alright, after doing some testing, I've come to this conclusion. In the Mirage level CCRP bomb release of a GBU-12 being lased will miss the target more than it will in a dive release.

Last night a friend and I released probably 12 GBUs in a level delivery, none impacted the target.

Today, I tried dive CCRP releases at around 20 degree dive angles and scored 4/4 hits with 75% kill (the first one I had a radio SNAFU and caused a missed) Track and TACVIEW attached.

I'm just curious, guys that are having issues hitting the target, can you try dive releases and see if that buys you a better hit rate?

TACVIEW

TRACK

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I had the same Problem. After about 20 gbu´s I´ve found my issue:

CCRP in a level flight doesn´t work well. You have to dive a bit. A good height, good speed and it will work!

Maybe that is why I had no problems. I just made a quick test on three targets and didn't bother with a correct and leveled ingress and every bomb was a direct hit :D

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I just don't get it.

I have tried 20 times, following the suggestions AND

the instructions of CHUCK TO THE LETTER, the gbu - 12's

with the Mirage almost never hit the target.

With the F-5 I do exactly the same, and I always hit, no problem at all!

Both missions included.

HELP!!!! :cry:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Hi.

If something were broken with the JTAC then it would not work

with the Tiger.....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Recently I can't get the GBU-12 to hit the target, it simply ignores the laser. I think something is broken with the JTAC, maybe we do something wrong with the mission editor.

And you are sure that you have the right Laser code set?.

So the Bombs and the Jtac use the same laser code.

Well, the mission is the same as with the tiger,

I only change the plane.

But tell me, where would you change / set that laser code?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004