MiG-21 1.5.4 Major Upgrade & Changelog

Cobra847

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone can confirm that the mig is updated?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

anyone can confirm that the mig is updated?

21 or 29? AFAIK there has been no news or hidden changelogs from LNS

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

yeah great...the only module without changelog is again tge bis..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Files have been updated, but it's not mentioned in the logs, surprise and mystery ;)

Are they updated to version from the latest 2.0.3, or to something different? Don't know which files to check exactly. After a short fligh I know, however, that excessive rolling instability from 2.0.3 is here now as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Nah, stalling behaviour is the same, so although I've got second thoughts about it, after reading Novak's replies in bugtracker I guess it's going to stay that way. Roll oscillations in spins are reduced again though. They were big first, then small, then big again, now small again, I think I see a pattern for future patches here :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have done a few flights on basis server using open beta 1.5.5. So far no crashes or fps loss while using radar with ground clutter. More tests will tell, yet it would be great if Leatherneck could confirm (or not) if changes were indeed incorporated in latest open beta.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

This is the possible fixes that are posted on LN's bugtracker page. Since we lack dev enlightment, and some off us don't have all day checking if anyone can check would be awesome!

:thumbup:

• Game either crashes on loading screen or after a couple of seconds inside the cockpit - Fixed

• Head ready and Launch authorized lights on when no missiles carried/off when R-55 training missiles carried. - Fixed.It will be available in the next patch.

• Confused signs of target above\below on the radar screen -
    Fixed in 1.5.4.57288

• Slow roll-rate - This was re-inspected, one bug fixed, and roll rate increased to reasonable extent concerning the limitation of the gaming equipment (joystick).
    Fix will be released in the next patch.

• CTD Turning off the Radio Switch - This issue is solved in 1.5.4 open beta.

• Roll rate and roll acceleration [1.5.4] - Set desired pitch, wait a moment to stabilize.
    Stick to neutral, rudder neutral, roll without applying +/- pitch.

With each AoA pilot adds when roll, the more irregular roll will be + it gets worse with the rolling speed (this is due to increased difference in local AoA on each wing). At small AoA it is hardly noticeable.
    Needles to say, at near-critical AoA roll can cause one wing to stall.

• Roll instability & bounced landings - Fixed previously.
    It might be available already.

• FM in 1.5.4 (AOA related report) - Fixed in previous release.
    It might be available already.

• No course information in RSBN Letdown/Proceed mode - Fixed.
    It might be available in the next patch.

• Canopy pressurization/depressurization sound can still be heard after canopy has been jettisoned - Fixed.
    It might be available in the next patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a change to fly the 21 in DCS 2.0.4. It was a great experience, it didn't drop my frame rate like it used to. The Radar seemed to work (after a longer than normal warm up) and allowed me to acquire targets. I used the R3R to splash two of them, then switched to the R60m to finish a final target before taking a fun flight back to base. What a fun time. I think they have this thing getting polished quite well!!

Edited by jeffdude
spelling, I'm sure there's more

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah. Except that roll is a bit too sensitive..

I've never flown a real Mig-21, but I can say that it performs similar to the videos I've seen of it. I trust that LN has done their homework and research and have done as much as they can to produce an accurate simulation of expected normal flight regimes. This is the first module that I tried that has a "feel" to it and can even produce fun landings. The P-51 also has some "character" to its model, but I tried the Mig-21 first. No developer is perfect to everyone, but I'm a pretty happy customer at the moment.:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...