How to punch coordnates

To vet a-10 drivers this may seem like a stupid question- but I am trying to work out how to set up wypoints on the fly.

In the 3rd (?) mission, I am patrolling and given these coordinates to check out:

38T LN 1373 3835

Now, I am assuming these are UTM coordinates and followed this guide

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68946

Using this, the CDU accepts the information (Except I have no idea where to punch in 38t or what that means), so I punch in "LN13723835", and set the WP name as "TGT". The waypoin itself is created, but way the hell of the map:P

Obviously I am missing something basic here- if anyone can point me in a direction to learn this step by step, please do:)

EDIT: I think I have worked it out! THe 38T is the grid, which also has to be punched in in order for it to work:D Anyways- great campaign so far! The A-10 is quite a handful for us newbies, but it is fun figuring stuff like this out.

Edited by zionid

38T goes into the slot above LN13723835, literally the button above it. Just type 38T hit the button (LSK 3 IIRC), and then type in LN13723835 and hit LSK 4 IIRC.

The CDU is probably the most powerful tool the A-10 has. You can even build an entire flight plan with it from scratch in the cockpit. It's really cool.

EDIT: I think I have worked it out! THe 38T is the grid, which also has to be punched in in order for it to work:D Anyways- great campaign so far! The A-10 is quite a handful for us newbies, but it is fun figuring stuff like this out.

I am glad you like it, it probably will require you to learn some more new stuff (including correct radio handling). If you have any further questions - check the campaign thread or shoot!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png